PDA

View Full Version : Son of a...

spherojon
03-04-2010, 15:34
Well, I can't express how frustrating this whole situation is. While preparing for basic I dislocated my shoulder extremely bad. On February 19, 2010 I recieved surgery for my shoulder (my date to leave for the 18x program is March 15, 2010). It was an arthroscopic capsulorrhaphy, to fix the articular capsule. So now I'm on a 6-8 month delay. Well this gives me more time to read.

Have a great day.

The Reaper
03-04-2010, 16:03
Life is a series of successes and failures/challenges to overcome.

Do your best.

TR

DevilSide
03-04-2010, 16:05
Well, I can't express how frustrating this whole situation is. While preparing for basic I dislocated my shoulder extremely bad. On February 19, 2010 I recieved surgery for my shoulder (my date to leave for the 18x program is March 15, 2010). It was an arthroscopic capsulorrhaphy, to fix the articular capsule. So now I'm on a 6-8 month delay. Well this gives me more time to read.

Have a great day.

Never quit, keep pushing :lifter

MeC86
03-04-2010, 16:14
I dislocated mine a while back while training BJJ and the Doctor told me I would never be able to put weight overhead again.

I'm tempted to send him a pic of a recent clean and jerk of 305 lbs. I just did.

Rest and listen to your body. Good luck.

spherojon
03-04-2010, 17:22
Thank you all for the support. I view this as just another hurdle to get over. Yes, I do know it will not be an easy road to recovery, but it is a road I am taking. The surgeon told me that I should have a full recovery and my shoulder will be stronger than ever once it’s healed. I will keep you guys posted on the recovery.

Doczilla
03-06-2010, 01:35
Tough break. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

I cannot overemphasize this point: do your physical therapy, do it the way they tell you to, and do not try to "gut it out" and go back to doing things with your shoulder before you are ready. The PTs should push you hard and make you do plenty of stuff you don't want to do already.

Keep up with the rest of your training regimen however. Do not let the rest of your body suffer from this injury. You have more time to read. You also have more time to run. :lifter

'zilla

sofmed
03-06-2010, 02:45
Take that last post to heart, and take it from an old guy who's going on his 5th major surgery (by the Army), this one on my R shoulder...The PT's, no matter how much they make you hurt, are your best friends before and after surgery. Take their advice and coaching like gospel. They are why, after 2 reconstructive hip surgeries, at 40, I'm still able to run mid 13's on my 2 mile test instead of limping around with a cane. :D
Best of luck to you. Keep the faith.

Mick

spherojon
03-17-2010, 13:33
Thank you everyone for the words of wisdom. I started PT this week, and although its ruff, I just go with the flow. It was funny today, the Physical Therapist saw the pain in my eyes, but I told him, “just do what you need to do; I will worry about the pain.” So far, so good, I should have full range of motion in two weeks. I also started running again on Monday, and that was difficult because I have lost a lot of stamina since surgery. It felt good to stretch the legs, open the lungs, and feel the wind. I have to start from scratch again for running. I have occupied my time by reading, reading some more, and then reading again.
Thanks again, and have a safe day,
Jon

spherojon
09-09-2010, 14:26
Well its about 6months later, after surgery. Finished Rehab, and well, going to go test the waters with P90x. Doctor said I should have no problems and to see him in a month. I cant wait to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for all the support.