PDA

View Full Version : Footlocker Stash

BMT (RIP)
02-28-2010, 07:09
What do you have packed away in an old footlocker?
FOG's and VOFOG's might have something of value stashed. :D

http://www.atthefront.com/us_gear.htm

BMT

sf11b_p
03-09-2010, 11:49
A few years ago I saw a VN era ruck go for $125, I'd bought one for $12 from the PDO yard. The Gerber double edged Mark IIs are over a hundred for that era, I had two but no I sold them both for cost years back at Bragg. I'd got them from the JFK bookstore too. BTW I'd paid $25 and $28 for them.

alright4u
03-10-2010, 00:42
A few years ago I saw a VN era ruck go for $125, I'd bought one for $12 from the PDO yard. The Gerber double edged Mark IIs are over a hundred for that era, I had two but no I sold them both for cost years back at Bragg. I'd got them from the JFK bookstore too. BTW I'd paid $25 and $28 for them.

About Sept 68 SOG issued a black handled heavy plastic /rubber handled non glare blade knife. It was a bit like the AF survival knife our 20th SOS pilots had, but; not same same. 20 years ago I went to a gun show in Nashville with a Raven FAC. He had been gut shot (20 alternate Laos). I saw one knife there. The guy would not come off $500.

Utah Bob
03-10-2010, 18:10
I'm not that old. I do have an NVA canteen. Used. With frag holes in it.:D

cszakolczai
03-12-2010, 16:48
One mans junk is another mans treasure, this statement is incredibly true. I have a few SF men/friends who give me their items which they consider "junk" and which I treasure more then anything. Old raggy green berets, class A uniforms to an original Montagnard bow all just lying in closets. It blows my mind what you can find in a closet or an attic.

Prices for these items are out of control now as pointed out by a few members.

Monsoon65
03-13-2010, 20:46
A lot of the WW2 stuff went thru the roof after "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers". Things that were affordable are now untouchable.

Watch what happens to USMC WW2 gear after "The Pacific" starts!:munchin

mark46th
03-14-2010, 20:38
I have a beanie from 5th group 1971, another from 46th Company and a complete set of jungle fatigues from 46th Company with embroidered Jump wings, both U.S. and Thai...I also have an Indig knapsack, complete with Southeast Asia red clay stains...

orko
03-20-2010, 01:11
What do you have packed away in an old footlocker?
FOG's and VOFOG's might have something of value stashed. :D

http://www.atthefront.com/us_gear.htm

BMT

Mr Jason Hardy asks the same question, besides writing many books on SOG he frequents the SFA monthy membership meetings as a visitor. He purchases artifacts from the ole timers and resells them on his web page and Ebay. Stuff is pricy but its the real deal.

I remember...I graduated the Q thought it would be cool to get a new old stock beret(just wanted one that was from an older era but still serviceable). SF price of about 1000 bucks. ;)

Here is an image of his add that is published in The Drop mag

cszakolczai
03-24-2010, 08:51
A lot of the WW2 stuff went thru the roof after "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers". Things that were affordable are now untouchable.

Watch what happens to USMC WW2 gear after "The Pacific" starts!:munchin

So true, USMC stuff is already priced high, now its gonna fly up. Amazing what collectors will collect just because something is popular.