PDA

View Full Version : Extrema Ratio RAO...

Claemore
02-28-2010, 03:02
Anybody have experience with this knife? It looks like a very solid folder, and while it may be a little large for EDC, can be carried and used like a fixed blade.

I really like the idea of it: a big, near indestructible tanto. 'Course I like over engineered tools. I had a Buck Strider 4" tanto, and used it hard when I was a deputy, this looks like it would trump the hell out of even that.

swatsurgeon
02-28-2010, 09:53
I have one, it was sent to me as a present for helping an italian journalist do an article on our tac med school. I refer to it as a tactical garden tool. it is huge interms of thickness, weight and width, Yes, the metal dow rod can make it into a 'fixed blade' that can not close. Great tool for a camping trip, not sure of it's real use for civilian carry, it is very impractical for EDC.....just my opinion. Youtube has some videos on it to get an idea of it's size and torture-ability. It is a tough piece of equipment.

ss

Claemore
02-28-2010, 12:18
Thanks SwatSurgeon. That's kind of what I was thinking it would be good for: camping, hiking, b.o.b knife. I have no plans of buying one for a while, too poor:( , but I'm always looking around.