PDA

View Full Version : Deployed Airmen honor Tuskegee great with nose art

Pete
02-17-2010, 17:53
Deployed Airmen honor Tuskegee great with nose art

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123190808

"......Once the idea reached the 380th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron's Global Hawk maintainers, Staff Sgt. Michael Middleton stepped in to carry the idea to fruition.

"It has been years since I have even thought about drawing, but when I was given the opportunity from my leadership, I was not going to let this opportunity pass," said Sergeant Middleton, who is also assigned to the 380th AEW for a year. "Colonel Archer and all the Tuskegee Airmen paved the way for all African-Americans who strived to succeed despite the odds. Their stories and life lessons are for everyone to carry forward and build on."

Sergeant Middleton said that he had two inspirations for his chalk nose art piece for the Global Hawk. First was the Tuskegee Airmen's 332nd Fighter Group patch that was displayed on the jacket of one of the original Tuskegee Airmen during the memorial ceremony for Colonel Archer. The second part of his design inspiration came from the Distinguished Flying Cross which Colonel Archer received........"