PDA

View Full Version : Botach, stay clear!

Defender968
02-12-2010, 08:50
I searched but didn't find a specific threat on Botach tactical and wish I did before I ordered with them. This company is horrible, they advertise things on their site they don't have, and that aren’t in fact even made, but they will charge your credit card and then just say it's back ordered.

I ordered a pair of narrow Bellevilles from them, they charged my card and then put it on backorder and refused to return my calls. When I finally called Belleville they informed me they didn't even make a narrow in the boot I had ordered from Botach, a dozen calls later and I finally got it changed over a month and a half after the original order.

Same order, I purchased an Eotech 517, wasn't able to take it to the range right away, when I did it was completely jacked up, extremely dim, (couldn't get it any brighter tried new batteries and pushing) had two center dots, one in the center of the circle and a slightly dimmer one up and to the right, and it couldn't be adjusted to get on the paper from 25 meters, shot the dirt up real well but basically the sight was just junk, Botach's response when I emailed them to find out how to get it resolved, oh well sorry about that call Eotech.

I will never do business with this company again and would caution anyone thinking of buying with them to find an alternative source.

The Reaper
02-12-2010, 08:55
Botach is widely known as a rip-off on the various internet gun forums.

I had the same experience with them and their too good to be true pricing. CCD charged and nothing delivered. I finally had the CCD company deny the charges.

I am sorry that they got you too.

TR

st1650
02-12-2010, 15:51
It's probably not cool, because it's kinda too late ... but just throwing it out ... usually when you google a company names, you get a pretty fast idea of what kind of service you might expect.

In the case of botach when you google 'botach tactical fraud' not only you get dozens of forums links were people comments on how shitty their experience was with them, you usually also get the content from other google search aka google suggest. In that case:

Searches related to botach tactical fraud:

complaints botach tactical
botach tactical scam
botach tactical service
botach tactical worst
botach tactical company
botach tactical bad

By comparison with googling a great gear company with similar keywords
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enCA365CA365&q=optactical+fraud&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enCA365CA365&q=optactical+scam&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

Nothing negative ...

PSM
02-12-2010, 16:19
I ordered some boots from them a couple of years ago at a GREAT price. They arrived in two days and fit great.

So, a few months later, I ordered a lot of FAK perishables to replenish our kits. Every single item was AT LEAST two years past expiration. One item was 5 years out of date. I got no response from e-mail or phone calls.

Pat

Defender968
02-12-2010, 16:22
It's probably not cool, because it's kinda too late ... but just throwing it out ... usually when you google a company names, you get a pretty fast idea of what kind of service you might expect.

In the case of botach when you google 'botach tactical fraud' not only you get dozens of forums links were people comments on how shitty their experience was with them, you usually also get the content from other google search aka google suggest. In that case:

Searches related to botach tactical fraud:

complaints botach tactical
botach tactical scam
botach tactical service
botach tactical worst
botach tactical company
botach tactical bad

By comparison with googling a great gear company with similar keywords
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enCA365CA365&q=optactical+fraud&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enCA365CA365&q=optactical+scam&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

Nothing negative ...

Yea they had a good sale going on, and I jumped on it rather than doing my research to make sure they weren't dirt bags, bad on me, won't happen again. I just want to make sure no one else here gets scammed.

Sigaba
02-12-2010, 16:26
An irony is that while this company drags its feet on orders and stonewalls customers, someone is quick to show up here and register using the company's name (http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/member.php?u=18736) the very same day that Defender968 tells us of his experiences.:confused:

st1650
02-12-2010, 16:29
An irony is that while this company drags its feet on orders and stonewalls customers, someone is quick to show up here and register using the company's name (http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/member.php?u=18736) the very same day that Defender968 tells us of his experiences.:confused:

Woah!

Nice find.

BTW I had an excellent experience buying a pair of Belleville boots from vtarmynavy. They had lots of stuff at 50-75% off. I had a pair of 13 leather wide with steel toed for 45$. I'm trying to find the link but it seems they don't have them in closeouts anymore.

DJ Urbanovsky
02-13-2010, 12:16
I ordered a pair of boots and a plate carrier from them, and both of those were great product, amazing prices, and arrived quickly. So when I saw the smokin' deal they were offering on the Blackwater Lum tanto (made by Benchmade, same as their 760 model, only with the bear paw machined into the handle), I jumped on it. That knife arrived fucked up like a soup sandwich. It was as if a truck had backed over it. Everything was cockeyed. I had to tear the whole knife apart, repair shit, and re-fit parts. If I didn't make knives for a living, I'd have had to send it back.

So I've experienced a 33% failure rate with them, although everything I ordered was in stock. But I did call them and verify stock when I was ordering.

Team Sergeant
02-13-2010, 21:30

There's actually quite a few "industry" people on this website, many are "friends" of Special Forces.
I'm sure the last thing anyone wants is a bad name with us, cause it only rolls down hill from here. I'm sure Dan is here to "explain" what the "problem" is at Botach.

I don't have any idea who Dan is but I'll go and "waive" Dan's 72 hour waiting period so he can post. Dan if you're reading this, ensure you read our rules before posting on this website. (Your first post goes in the intro forum.)

TS

PRB
02-13-2010, 23:29
I like their prices but their service stinks...I called two days ago asking about my order and was told it hadn't shipped and they (the lady on the phone) didn't know why....she couldn't tell me if it was out of stock or whatever.
It would take 24 hours to check on and get back to me......in this day of computers etc. no one knows what's the status of your order?
BTW no one got back to me in 24 hours either.
I believe that they list items they do not have in stock and may not even know what they do have in stock.
Very slipshod.
I'll not buy there again.

Defender968
02-14-2010, 09:18
I like their prices but their service stinks...I called two days ago asking about my order and was told it hadn't shipped and they (the lady on the phone) didn't know why....she couldn't tell me if it was out of stock or whatever.
It would take 24 hours to check on and get back to me......in this day of computers etc. no one knows what's the status of your order?
BTW no one got back to me in 24 hours either.
I believe that they list items they do not have in stock and may not even know what they do have in stock.
Very slipshod.
I'll not buy there again.

I had the same experience, after I made multiple calls and left lots of messages I finally got to talk to a woman who had no idea what was going on, nor could she answer any questions. I finally flat out told her I had called Belleville and asked if they made the boot in question in the size in question and they told me they didn't. I then suggested they refund my money and/or substitute another boot (that cost exactly the same amount) but she had to call someone else because she couldn't make that seemingly simple thing happen.

At best this company is run by people without a clue, at worst they're outright criminals.

The Reaper
02-14-2010, 10:28
Virtually everyone I know who has dealt with them has a similar story about Botach, there are hundreds of these stories posted on boards everywhere.

This is a good collection of them:

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Services-All-Merchants-Botach_Tactical/display_~reviews

While a lucky few actually got what they ordered in a timely manner, if they continued to order, it eventually happens to them as well.

Caveat emptor.

TR

BotachTactical
02-15-2010, 10:28
Hello, my name is Dan and I am a rep at Botach Tactical.

Some of you might have seen my posts on other forums. (M4carbine, thefiringline, etc)

Essentially, I have posted to specifically reach out to customers who have had problems with their orders in the past.

Since I began posting, the feedback has been solid, and a number of customers have renewed their faith in our company. All I ask is that you put me to the test, and the results will speak for themselves. Please email me at

dan@botachtactical.net

I will be happy to take your questions/concerns about old orders, unprocessed orders, item availability and pricing.

-Dan

PRB
02-15-2010, 10:52
How about this order 685929

C0B2A
02-15-2010, 11:10
Wow, even after TS post telling him where his first post goes he still gets it wrong. Not off to a great start in your "test" Dan. :rolleyes:

PRB
02-15-2010, 11:16
Dan, never mind I cancelled the order and here is why.
I called today and talked to Bridget...this is my 3rd phoncon with diff reps asking what's up with the order.
First one...I see it on the comp but no info...I'll make sure shipping has it.
Second.....I can check for you but it will take 24 hours and I'll get back to you (on the 11th)...no one got back to me.
Bridget.....I can see your order but I don't know what's up with it....

Service like a 3rd world country....I'll never give you any business again.
All were very polite but totally unhelpful...if they don't know anything why give them a phone line?

kgoerz
02-15-2010, 14:48
Botach is widely known as a rip-off on the various internet gun forums.

I had the same experience with them and their too good to be true pricing. CCD charged and nothing delivered. I finally had the CCD company deny the charges.

I am sorry that they got you too.

TR

My pet peeve with most tactical companies. I don't know how they continue to get away with taking peoples money for items they advertise for sale, but don't have. Thumbs up for Grey Group. Only charged me when the items were shipped. Also let me know ASAP if an item wasn't in stock.

Guy
02-15-2010, 21:43
Thumbs up for Grey Group. Only charged me when the items were shipped. Also let me know ASAP if an item wasn't in stock.

Stay safe.

Defender968
02-15-2010, 22:05
Hello, my name is Dan and I am a rep at Botach Tactical.

Some of you might have seen my posts on other forums. (M4carbine, thefiringline, etc)

Essentially, I have posted to specifically reach out to customers who have had problems with their orders in the past.

Since I began posting, the feedback has been solid, and a number of customers have renewed their faith in our company. All I ask is that you put me to the test, and the results will speak for themselves. Please email me at

dan@botachtactical.net

I will be happy to take your questions/concerns about old orders, unprocessed orders, item availability and pricing.

-Dan

Dan I’m going to have to throw the BS flag on this one, but I’m not going to email you anymore as that has been completely fruitless thus far.

You want to address problem orders, fine let’s take mine and see if you can start by regaining my faith.

Why don't you start by explaining your 15 day return policy and while you're at it please explain how great your service is if someone happens to be TDY when they receive your defective merchandise, explain how understanding you guys are if someone doesn't get to take the site out of the box for a month, because after coming home from being TDY they had to immediately PCS, I'm sure I'm the only one this has ever happened to so you guys will never see this situation again :rolleyes:

I received an Eotech from Botach that was so far off I couldn't get it on the paper at 25 m. I was TDY in December when I received the site (2 weeks after I ordered it) I came home a couple of days before Christmas and then had to PCS in January. I didn't get a chance to test the site until after I PCSed. I explained all of this to you Dan, and your “managers” answer was well you can call Eotech it’s not our problem after 15 days.

I won't even get into the goat rope that was the pair of boots I tried to order from you (at the same time I ordered the Eotech) only to find out they don't exist, and 2 months after that nightmare you still have them listed on your site. Dan why don’t you call Belleville and ask them to send you a 310 in any size in Narrow, they’ll tell you they don’t exist, yet you still have them listed on your site why is that?
http://www.botachtactical.com/be310hotweta.html

Dan my last contact with you about the Eotech was last week, so please explain how your service has improved since then?

Dan the reality is your company doesn't even provide service as good as a 3rd world country, hell I ordered a Kukri from Nepal and they got the order right, it wasn’t defective and they got it to me from the other side of the world faster than you did from CA.

You want to regain people’s faith, fine change your policies and improve your service, but saying you’ve done so already is in no way remotely accurate and I don’t want anyone else, especially any of the members of this community, to get fleeced by your company. So please explain to me why I or anyone else should ever do business with your company again.

And just a heads up you might want to follow the rules and post an intro before responding to this post.

PriestFoxley
03-12-2010, 19:39
well, dang.
This caught me by suprise, because I just found out about Botach a few weeks ago, and I ordered some stuff from them. I picked up an Aimpoint T-1, one of those magpul slings, a few different mounts for the aimpoint, and one of those single point sling adapters that clamps on for my SR-15.

I ordered on friday, it got delivered eight days later, and everything was good with it.

I ordered a set of 30 round .40 glock magazines shortly after, and they sort of sucked, but I never figured out why.

I think I just got lucky.