PDA

View Full Version : Bored At work?

Richard
02-11-2010, 12:42
Want something to do when you are bored at work?

Collect some dead flies from the office windowsills.
Put them in the sun to dry for one hour.
Once they are dry, pick up a pencil and paper...let your imagination go crazy.

Here are a few examples...

Richard

Utah Bob
02-11-2010, 13:11
Don't say "work".
I got nauseous there for a second.

Dragbag036
02-11-2010, 13:37
Want something to do when you are bored at work?

Collect some dead flies from the office windowsills.
Put them in the sun to dry for one hour.
Once they are dry, pick up a pencil and paper...let your imagination go crazy.

Here are a few examples...

Richard

The frau and I had to debate on the last pic, all very good by the way. I originally thought it was assaulters at BP, but I was corrected, they're in line for the WC.

D

brown77
02-11-2010, 16:43
they're in line for the WC.

Lavatories at some night club no doubt... the fly on the far left looks like he couldn't hold his drink :D

mojaveman
02-11-2010, 17:14
When I'm bored at work I'm usually here. ;)

incarcerated
02-11-2010, 17:40
No windows…
Will have to use mice….

armymom1228
02-11-2010, 17:42
Don't say "work".
I got nauseous there for a second.

Bob didn't your mother teach you not to use 4 letter words? shudders... the W word.. oh my god... the horror of it, why I am soooo offended... Didn't Richard use that word first.. now I am doubly offended. :D

GratefulCitizen
02-11-2010, 19:10
Had a student who was rather adept at catching flies, tying a leash to them made from a strand of hair, and taping the other end to his desk.
(IIRC, the procedure involved an assistant.)

wet dog
02-11-2010, 19:23
Had a student who was rather adept at catching flies, tying a leash to them made from a strand of hair, and taping the other end to his desk.
(IIRC, the procedure involved an assistant.)

Nylon sewing thread, super glue, and Bubble Bees, to much fun until Grandma came home.

My cousin and I still LOL whenever we start talking about it.

mojaveman
02-11-2010, 20:38
I remember doing the same thing with those green June Bugs. We'd grab a spool of thread and tie it to one of the legs. We'd then fly them around until they expired and go catch another one. No computer games back in those days. ;)

Penn
02-12-2010, 01:02
R, in the recent past a presentation of such brilliance would refer to by real hipsters as: "FLY" ... I think it should be expanded into a full exhibition, flies in the ointment?

I keep going back, laughing more as I investiagte the positions further, its really funny and it is brilliant; real art, sorta like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hirst work.

lksteve
02-12-2010, 07:42
Use of the "W" word usually evokes a Maynard G. Krebs like reaction in me...:eek:

x SF med
02-12-2010, 18:36
Use of the "W" word usually evokes a Maynard G. Krebs like reaction in me...:eek:

Boy are you old... knowing Maynard G. Krebs... Oh Hell, so am I...

I didn't mean to do it Skipper... :cool:

jbour13
02-12-2010, 18:44
Nylon sewing thread, super glue, and Bubble Bees, to much fun until Grandma came home.

My cousin and I still LOL whenever we start talking about it.

Was this followed shortly by "go cut yourself a switch!" comment from said grandma?

My experience with bumble bees isn't so nice. Brushclearing with a 4ft deck behind the tractor, stirred up a nest. Explaining to dad that I bailed from the tractor and let it roll to a stop. No damage done, just lucky to not get ate by the brush hog.

So on top of stings, I got the ass-chewing to last a lifetime.

Richard

Nice artwork, I really laughed hard at the bathroom scene.

dadof18x'er
02-12-2010, 19:01

how bout Thalia Menninger? :eek:

lksteve
02-12-2010, 20:16
Boy are you old... knowing Maynard G. Krebs..I never denied it...LOL...Dobie Gillis was one of the few non-westerns we were allowed to watch when I was a kid...and as for Thalia Menninger, mom covered my eyes when she came on...

Richard
02-12-2010, 20:22
Dobie Gillis was one of the few non-westerns we were allowed to watch when I was a kid...

Our Miss Brooks, The Ozzie and Harriet Show, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, Topper, Mr Ed, The Andy Griffith show, and SGT Bilko were a couple of the others. ;)

Richard

wet dog
02-12-2010, 20:22
Was this followed shortly by "go cut yourself a switch!" comment from said grandma?

My experience with bumble bees isn't so nice. Brushclearing with a 4ft deck behind the tractor, stirred up a nest. Explaining to dad that I bailed from the tractor and let it roll to a stop. No damage done, just lucky to not get ate by the brush hog.

So on top of stings, I got the ass-chewing to last a lifetime.

Richard

Nice artwork, I really laughed hard at the bathroom scene.

Two boys, (aged 10), two Bubble bees and one fly-swatter if things got bad. All the bees wanted was the open window. We were taking bets on how long they could hover in the fixed position. Stevie wanted to make a swing-load out of toothpicks. So he did and placed a nickel on it, it was too heavy. Bee held on until he ran out of fuel.

Kinda funny.

That same summer, we made a covered wagon out of an old pair of roller skates and a show box. Made a harness for a Prairie Dog, it ran around the kitchen until grandpa came home. All he said was, "...if it's gone before grandma is back, I'll say nothing. If she sees it, I can't help you". He re-filled his coffee mug and returned to the garage.

I'm SURE my soul will pay dearly for tormenting God's creations.

lksteve
02-12-2010, 20:25
Our Miss Brooks, The Ozzie and Harriet Show, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, Topper, Mr Ed, The Andy Griffith show, and SGT Bilko were a couple of the others. But you are sooo much older than I am...:p

Richard
02-12-2010, 20:26
Bumble Bees? Where I grew up, crossing any pasture with tarweed usually resulted in a dash for safety from a Bumble Bee...or three...or more...:eek:

Richard

GratefulCitizen
02-12-2010, 21:20
Made a harness for a Prairie Dog, it ran around the kitchen until grandpa came home.
I'm SURE my soul will pay dearly for tormenting God's creations.

Never regretted blasting one of those filthy, plague-ridden vermin.

Used to help clear pastures of the vermin up around Norwood, Colorado.
Friends had some sort of a contest going on my first trip.

Brought my .22 carbine, thinking it would be sufficient.
It was not sufficient for what they had in mind.

One brought his 7mm, the other brought his .270.
The contest involved things such as:
-how many PDs could be killed in one shot
(the winner killed 3 -- first 2 with the bullet, the 3rd with PD shrapnel)
-how far it flew when shot
-how high it flew when shot
-how many distinct pieces it was blown into
-how far apart the pieces landed

Brought a .308 on the next trip.

Some guy in Cortez, Colorado converted a street-sweeper into a PD vacuum.
He would "humanely" remove and relocate PDs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLQ70JJpa0M

Upon hearing of this device, my first thought: Load it up and reverse the vacuum!

PULL! ... THOOMP! ... KABLAM! :D

armymom1228
02-12-2010, 21:33
Our Miss Brooks, The Ozzie and Harriet Show, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, Topper, Mr Ed, The Andy Griffith show, and SGT Bilko were a couple of the others. ;)

Richard

You forgot, Jack Benny, Uncle Miltie, and Kaptian Kangaroo, Howdy Doody, the Flying Kings.

wet dog
02-12-2010, 21:59
Brought my .22 carbine, thinking it would be sufficient. It was not sufficient for what they had in mind.

My much older cousin built a hide site for us near the Alfalfa stack yard, we used .22 S, L, and LR rounds. We got .05 cents for head shots and proven body count, he was a Nam LRRP.

What was more fun was turning out irrigation water to flood them out. We had an endless supply of Bull Snakes too. I ran when a Badger went after my heels. My Dingo saved my ass and took a good licking in the process. 'Dusty' was a damn good dog!