PDA

View Full Version : New Car Review

Pandora
07-25-2004, 12:26
I've had my new car for a month this Tuesday - 2005 Chrysler 300 V6 - review for any interested...

She's got moxy. Was a bit hard to get used to at first, as the windshield pillars are fairly wide so had to become accustomed to new blind spots where they didn't previously exist. Most responsive steering I'd touched in a stock unmodified vehicle in years. If I had to get out of the way fast I could, between the handling and the get-up-and-go it is one of those cars that make you feel safe and it is fun.

(fun = raising eyebrows when not in my 9-5 monkey-suit and have the rock cranked in a car that looks like a benz ;) )

Could rent out either the back seat or the trunk for an apartment - or install a jacuzzi - lots of room.

Pretty good on gas, I have been driving the highway a lot. Took her this morning down a secondary with good pavement and let it unwind - vroooooommmmmmmmmmm! Very nice - still felt full control at 130 mph.

Seems to be a magnet - Gents come up regularly in parking lots to check it out and ask a ton of questions. If you have to go the sedan route for professional reasons, I recommend it.

2VP
07-25-2004, 13:52
Although I'm a Subaru man through and through, I really like the look both inside and out as well as the power that this new 300 comes with.

Pandora
07-25-2004, 19:23
I had a tough time moving to the sedan-mode for work. First vehicle I learned to drive on was a rebuilt '43 Willys (sp?) at a 4X4 rally. It was a 3-speed putter that would climb hills like you would not believe. The Old Man made me learn to steer by navigating me through a tire pit.

Pops was big on off-roading and stock car racing and owned a few franchised trannie shops, so I was always driving 4-wheellers or spunky little fireballs. Kids would bring in their camaros and mustangs for work they couldn't afford and Dad would pick them up for a song... my fav was a ''77 Chevy step-side. Needed a ladder to climb in. Living way up Northern BC at the time, there wasn't a lot to spend your money on except cars. We had it good.

Going respectable as an adult for appearance' sake is tough was tough - I'm still a red-neck when it comes to preferred wheels. But the 300 has the look that makes the clients confident and the moxy that makes me happy.

I can't believe you like a little foreign box, 2VP!

:D

Bravo1-3
07-25-2004, 19:33
I almost bought a 300C about 2 months ago. The dealer was insane, so I bought an 03 Special Edition 300M. One of these days I'd like to get a 300C though, even though I love the one I have.

Pandora
07-25-2004, 19:45
Post pic!

Curious what the 300 goes for stateside? Debated the hemi, but I have a 17 y/o new driver and had to make a tough choice between her university tuition next year and insurance now. Her want her to pick them up. .:rolleyes:

Was the '03 the one with the weird trannie? Quasi standard? Looked more like a concord or intrepid then?

edit: googled - I see yours is very similar to the 2005. The 2000 era were the ones I was thinking of as being more concord/prowler like.

Huey14
07-25-2004, 19:49
Auto or manual?

I'm a Nissan and Chevy man, myself.

The Reaper
07-25-2004, 20:27
I like the new Acura TL, 6 Speed manual, with the Brembo brakes.

TR

2VP
07-25-2004, 20:29
Subaru WRX. Wish I could afford an STi though.

TL is a really nice car as well.

Roguish Lawyer
07-25-2004, 20:43
Catwoman's new Lexus GX 470 RULES. :)

Pandora
07-25-2004, 20:50
The Acura is a nice ride - very. Had to Google Brembo brakes - on the bike also, Sir?

Given my choice and an unlimited budget, I think I'd opt for a shiny new Cherokee. Boss has one.

TS? What did you finally settle on for a new truck?

2VP
07-25-2004, 21:02
Brembo's are huge in the aftermarket scene. Pricey but worth it.

Pandora
07-25-2004, 21:06
Catwoman's new Lexus GX 470 RULES.

Sure... all about the car, RL. Brake, lube and filter? Or just want to rotate and align the tires?

The Reaper
07-25-2004, 21:35
Originally posted by Pandora
The Acura is a nice ride - very. Had to Google Brembo brakes - on the bike also, Sir?

Negative, don't need them on the Road King. If I had the $ for aftermarket brakes on the bike, they would be Performance Machine.

On the TL, the Brembos only come with the 6 Speed manual version, and you also get Limited Slip and thicker torsion bars.

TR

Guy
07-26-2004, 12:40
Pretty good on gas, I have been driving the highway a lot. Took her this morning down a secondary with good pavement and let it unwind - vroooooommmmmmmmmmm! Very nice - still felt full control at 130 mph.

Bravo1-3
07-26-2004, 15:13
This is it.
The chip's been replaced as well as a few other small modifications by the previous owner. It puts out 302hp from a 3.5L V6 (Stock is 255)

It's got the funky-psuedo-manual shifting feature that makes it a hoot to drive (auto stick). It's too easy to burn rubber in manual mode, so I tend not to use it unless I want to make that right on red before the oncoming traffic starts to move.

I'm thinking about adding GPS/Sat Radio to it as well, but other than that feature, it's got all of the toys.

Team Sergeant
07-26-2004, 15:21

TS? What did you finally settle on for a new truck?

I bought an SUV 4x4 instead of a truck...

Sacamuelas
07-26-2004, 15:52
Come on... you gonna make us ask Team Sergeant? ;)

07-26-2004, 16:06
Originally posted by Bravo1-3
This is it.
The chip's been replaced as well as a few other small modifications by the previous owner. It puts out 302hp from a 3.5L V6 (Stock is 255)

It's got the funky-psuedo-manual shifting feature that makes it a hoot to drive (auto stick). It's too easy to burn rubber in manual mode, so I tend not to use it unless I want to make that right on red before the oncoming traffic starts to move.

I'm thinking about adding GPS/Sat Radio to it as well, but other than that feature, it's got all of the toys.

And after all the eyeballing of our truck. ;) You know you want a laptop w/GPS in it too. You never have to stop for directions, AND you can watch movies if you get a DVD player in it. You can NEVER have enough toys. That's why we have a new exhaust and the speedloader installed now.:D

Team Sergeant
07-26-2004, 16:24
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Come on... you gonna make us ask Team Sergeant? ;)

Let’s just say I bought the SUV that continues to beat the Ford Expedition and the Chevrolet Tahoe in “best in class.” And its manufactured in the US.

The Reaper
07-26-2004, 17:44
Damn, Top, that IS a nice ride!

TR

Guy
07-26-2004, 17:49
I have yet to figure out. The purpose of having a p/u truck or 4 wheeled vehicle configured to sit...a few inches off of the pavement.:confused:

Air.177
07-26-2004, 17:50
Originally posted by The Reaper
Damn, Top, that IS a nice ride!

TR

Now, approximately how long have you been waiting to use that picture on here?:D

I bet the guy driving it has gold teeth

SP5IC
07-26-2004, 17:52
In my heart & in my garage is a 5.0 Mustang LX covertible. It has an automatic transmisson. I was lamenting to a collector one day about the LX, I wanted a GT. "No you don't, the LX weighs 300 lbs. less" he said. I whined about the automatic, he replied "Lucky, because you'll need to keep both hands on the wheel". He was right on both accords. Have any of you driven a 5.8 (351 cu. in.) Mustang? BTW, since I'm new...is their a spell check option? After all, I was a 12B2S.

SOGvet
07-26-2004, 18:40
Originally posted by 2VP
Subaru WRX. Wish I could afford an STi though.

You got that right.. the Suby dealer here had eight STis on the lot at one time - they didn't stay on the lot long. I stopped by just to take an up-close-and-personal gander at one; I asked the sales dude if the guys returning from the sandbox are buying them. He said 'no' - that doctors, lawyers and the affluent are buying them as toy boxes. Nice toys...

Have you gone to www.subydude.com ? Pretty cool Suby stuff.

The Reaper
07-26-2004, 18:43
Originally posted by Air.177
Now, approximately how long have you been waiting to use that picture on here?:D

I bet the guy driving it has gold teeth

Hey, the proper term is "Grills".

Get it?

https://www.goldteethusa.com/index.php

TR

Team Sergeant
07-26-2004, 18:52
ughh, Hey Guy, nice ride.

TS

SOGvet
07-26-2004, 19:05

Get it?

TR

Sir, You are entirely too well versed in ebonics for me not to believe that you have roots... ;)

SOGvet
07-26-2004, 19:09
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Let’s just say I bought the SUV that continues to beat the Ford Expedition and the Chevrolet Tahoe in “best in class.” And its manufactured in the US.

Ok.. lessee... GMC Denali (nice ride)... Dodge Durango... hmmmm... a Caddie Escalade with 22's... a Lincoln (whatever)... aren't too many others manufactured in the U.S. - unless you're getting slick and bought a Nissan or a new Benz sport ute - they're both made in the U.S.

Whazit?

Roguish Lawyer
07-26-2004, 19:11
LMAO

TR, you are in rare form today!

ghuinness
07-26-2004, 19:12
Must be an enhanced golf cart :D

The Reaper
07-26-2004, 19:36
Originally posted by ghuinness
Must be an enhanced golf cart :D

There has to be a Pit Bull chained up around that golf cart somewhere!

TR

Team Sergeant
07-26-2004, 20:10
Originally posted by SOGvet
Ok.. lessee... GMC Denali (nice ride)... Dodge Durango... hmmmm... a Caddie Escalade with 22's... a Lincoln (whatever)... aren't too many others manufactured in the U.S. - unless you're getting slick and bought a Nissan or a new Benz sport ute - they're both made in the U.S.

Whazit?

A Toyota Sequoia.

Brushmonkey
07-27-2004, 00:19
Originally posted by SOGvet
You got that right.. the Suby dealer here had eight STis on the lot at one time - they didn't stay on the lot long. I stopped by just to take an up-close-and-personal gander at one; I asked the sales dude if the guys returning from the sandbox are buying them. He said 'no' - that doctors, lawyers and the affluent are buying them as toy boxes. Nice toys...

Have you gone to www.subydude.com ? Pretty cool Suby stuff. For more good Suby stuff check out http://www.i-speed.us they make some damn good race prepped engines 2.0 to 2.8 liter displacement flat four engines, turbo-charged of course. Then I found out about the Lancer Evolution 8 MR…..If that thing does in fact come to the US….I’d never be able to afford the insurance lol

Guy
07-27-2004, 08:12

Get it?

TR

Funny as hell! I use to have guys that worked for me wearing that BS.

Some of these fashion statements are just plain stupid. Remember when people use to buy jeans with "holes" already in them? :confused:

2VP
07-28-2004, 13:24
SOGvet

Yes I've been there. Good guy and good stuff. A very good website is www.nasioc.com
A lot of good information there.