PDA

View Full Version : CHP's 'CHEATERS' Hotline

Richard
01-28-2010, 08:34
Report Vehicles with Out-of-State License Plates to the CHP

http://www.chp.ca.gov/prog/cheaters.cgi

I drive to CA periodically for business related to the family trust - I can't wait to get reported the next time I'm out that way in my vehicle with Texas plates.

Whenever I fly out to CA and rent a car, I seldom get one with a CA license plate on it. I'll bet the hot-lines are kept busy with people reporting all those rental cars. :p

And so it goes...;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Pete
01-28-2010, 08:53
Just think about all the military folks out there who are not CA residents.

mojaveman
01-28-2010, 10:50
It's all about revenue here in the Golden State. If you've been in California for more than a certian amount of time and have not registered your vehicle here law enforcement officers can impound your vehicle. You then have to pay a lot of money to free your vehicle before finally paying for the registration.

Drive without a drivers license, insurance, or registration here and you're looking at about $1500. to get your vehicle back after it has been seized by the Gestapo.

Sigaba
01-28-2010, 11:14
On a daily basis one may see several vehicle that are several years old with an out of state plates that have never had a registration stickers. It is my understanding that these are the vehicles California wants to bring into compliance.

GnSurfin
01-28-2010, 11:24
I'm out in California on an Internship for the next 5 months. I had my jeep shipped out which still has it MA plates on it. Ive already been questioned by a LEO about not having it registered once in the three weeks since I've been out here. I explained what I was in California for and there wasn't a problem. I was pretty surprised by this and hope it's not a common occurrence to get questioned for the next 4 months.

IrishYanksFan
01-28-2010, 12:01
Seems like the Peoples' Republic of California is turning into even more of a police state.

Razor
01-28-2010, 13:37
On a daily basis one may see several vehicle that are several years old with an out of state plates that have never had a registration stickers. It is my understanding that these are the vehicles California wants to bring into compliance.

So in order to apprehend a small subset of criminals that live within a larger population, the state is using a readily identifiable visual characteristic that more often than not has no viable connection to the likelihood that the individual is breaking the law? I've heard of this before...let me think...it was very unpopular and I think it was struck down in many places...it was called "racial" something-or-another...

HowardCohodas
01-28-2010, 13:45
From the website: Report Vehicles with Out-of-State License Plates to the CHP

This is clearly profiling.

What with that?!? :munchin

f50lrrp
01-28-2010, 14:21
I have two cars registered in Nevada (a Jeep and a BMW) that I drive regularly in California. They get me stopped by the cops at least two or three times a year. I carry business cards that show that my business is in Reno, NV and in Monterey County, CA. Gets me out of dutch every time. I save big bucks by not registering my cars in CA.

Sigaba
01-28-2010, 14:49
Is profiling a behavior different than profiling a trait with which one is born?:confused:

Pete
01-28-2010, 15:13
Is profiling a behavior different than profiling a trait with which one is born?:confused:

"trait with which one is born".

Is it a trait with which one is born or traits that were aquired after one was born?

People are born a color, race, or ethnic group. After that they pick up or adopt additional traits. Hat on backwards, seat leaned back, pants hangin' at the knees, rap music blastin' out an open window - ----

Aw, I bet all of you had a picture of a black guy in your mind. Lots of white youth around here do that also. Did some of you just profile while reading?

mojaveman
01-28-2010, 15:14
The Mexicans come here illegally then get a job under the table somewhere swinging a sledgehammer for $10.00 per hour. They then buy a 15 year old compact for $500.00 and don't register or insure it. They drive without a license and when they get pulled over or caught at a checkpoint they loose the vehicle and simply go out and buy another one. A few years ago some drunken 'Julio' pulled out in front of me and did extensive damage to my car. I had full coverage and he didn't have poop. My insurance company payed for my car to be repaired but then my insurance rate went up.

Stop illegal immigration!

Utah Bob
01-28-2010, 15:15
Once they legalize marijuana they'll be rolling in revenue. No need to bust cheaters. In addition to the taxes, imagine the money that will come in from traffic fines to stoners. Genius!

California. Funniest state ever.:munchin

Sigaba
01-28-2010, 15:21
Once they legalize marijuana they'll be rolling in revenue.Unfortunately, that's proving not to be the case in some SoCal municipalities that have medical marijuana facilities.

Then again, local stores are making a killing from sales of nacho cheese doritios and instant brownie mix.