The Reaper
07-25-2004, 12:44
Originally posted by QRQ 30
The wine???

The winner.

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-25-2004, 14:09
That is a great picture of him holding the glass, but knowing the Phriging Phrench that is probably not champagne but his donation for their required urinalysis. :D

Jack Moroney

QRQ 30
07-25-2004, 14:38
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
That is a great picture of him holding the glass, but knowing the Phriging Phrench that is probably not champagne but his donation for their required urinalysis. :D

Jack Moroney

ROTFLMAO!!!

Now that's funny.

In seriousness, I think this is a story of the man and not nationalities, especially since 7 years ago he was recovering from cancer and they thought he'd never ride competiitively again.

The Reaper
07-25-2004, 14:56
Originally posted by QRQ 30
ROTFLMAO!!!

Now that's funny.

In seriousness, I think this is a story of the man and not nationalities, especially since 7 years ago he was recovering from cancer and they thought he'd never ride competiitively again.

I never took it as a nationalistic thing till I heard the trash the Phrench were talking about him.

F' THEM ALL. Maybe they preferred the swastikas on the Champs Elysees to the Stars and Stripes?

Well done Lance. Indomitable spirit. You are a champion in every sense of the word.

TR

Bill Harsey
07-25-2004, 21:19
If they don't like Americans, all they had to do was kick his ass in a bike race. That shouldn't be too hard should it?:D WELL DONE LANCE!

Radar Rider
07-26-2004, 00:03
It's fantastic that Lance has flown the American Flag in the Frenchy race for a record six straight years. It is inspiring that he overcame all that cancer (an evil bastard for sure) in order to succeed.

Solid
07-26-2004, 02:32
Robin Williams Live on Broadway has a very nice set of Lance Armstrons anti french jokes:

"Look at heeem he's iz on les drug!"

"That's chemotherapy, frog fucker!!!"

Solid

SOGvet
07-26-2004, 19:02
He's not a man, he's a machine. He's clearly hands above his competition - I hope he's healthy enough to go for number seven next year.

Thank you for making Americans proud, Lance. And thanks for kicking the Frenchmen's ass on their own turf.

DunbarFC
07-27-2004, 14:25
Outdoor Life Network had a great series called "The Lance Chronicles" that started with him about 171 days or so out from the Tour and went through his training and preparation methods

Seeing him in the wind tunnel working on where to place his radio and even his race numbers to reduce drag, and even taking into account how his breathing might slow him down, just proves it's not drugs, he is just one step ahead as far as prep work than the rest of the field

For you Comcast people it's available On Demand and worth seeing how a world class athlete prepares