PDA

View Full Version : Training before selection

sgt bolza
01-27-2010, 02:53
Well im just about ending my 2nd tour in OIF, and i have my NG SF contract started back home. Any how i was chatting with some rangers and they said i have the option to drill and train with a SF unit before i goto Selection is this true?

They said this give me the chance to get in the mindset and physically ready, and the unit wont send me till they feel im ready to go. has anyone heard of this? All input is great thanks guys.

Scimitar
01-27-2010, 03:35
Well im just about ending my 2nd tour in OIF, and i have my NG SF contract started back home. Any how i was chatting with some rangers and they said i have the option to drill and train with a SF unit before i goto Selection is this true?

They said this give me the chance to get in the mindset and physically ready, and the unit wont send me till they feel im ready to go. has anyone heard of this? All input is great thanks guys.

Hello and welcome,

Regarding your question, different units / States do it different ways. Some just ship you off and allow SOPC and or SFAS to make the decision; others, most if I recall correctly, enlist you in their specific unit, which can be tricky depending on available MOS in that state and your current MOS, and then ask you to attend drill with them each month until they feel you are ready to go, kinda like their own little SOPC. Some even have specific prep units for all their 18X / Rep-63s. Others however, for administrative reasons, will enlist you into one of the other state units and borrow you until you are selected....or not. There are pros and cons to each version.

Either way you'll need to talk to your unit to get the G2 on exactly how they do it...which State are you enlisting into?

Not sure which recruiter you are using, but from my experience with putting a few guys in, most units tend to have preferred recruiters. These guys are experienced with the idiosyncrasies of that units preferences and the 18CMF in general and also generally more experianced with doing the whole thing from a distance more so then a standard ARNG recruiter.

HTH

Scimitar

JJ_BPK
01-27-2010, 03:55

Sgt,

You were sent an email when you registered. It had a couple to-do's. One of which was a request to post your introduction in the proper fora.

Failure to follow simple instructions is not acceptable.

Do not post again, until your have completed the this task.

Then spend your time reading and using the search tab before asking another question..

Welcome to PS.com