PDA

View Full Version : Ttos

MAB32
07-24-2004, 21:39
I was curious to know how many of you guys have attended any of Mr. David Scott-Donelan's "Tactical Tracking" classes? If so have you used any of it and did you find them.

Thanks!

Here is his web site for those who don't know who he is:

www.members.aol.com/mantrack/index.htm
:)

Smokin Joe
07-24-2004, 22:35
I have 2 very good friends who went.

One is/ was a die hard (and extremely good) tracker both game and human before going to the class.

He said it was a very good class with good training and knowledge. He has brought it back to our agency and we have implemented alot of there techniques.

NousDefionsDoc
07-25-2004, 09:10
Haven't been, but I've heard a lot of good things.

Footmobile
07-25-2004, 10:42
I've been. Great Course. David wrote the book on this stuff... literally. He founded the Rhodesian SAS Combat Tracker Unit. Very humble, knowledgable man.

Most tracking schools out there just give the basics of step by step tracking (following every single piece of spoor) without following up on the tactics and theory of tracking in a combat situation. They teach not only how to track as an effective team, but what to do to the enemy once you catch him.

TTOS shows its students how to track in multiple dedicated 5 or 6 man teams with each position having a specific responsibility while tracking. They teach employment, and coordination between tracking teams and react forces. They teach I/A drills for alot of the situations a tracking team may encouter in a combat environment. Very indepth stuff.