PDA

View Full Version : You are a NO-GO at this station

MackallResident
01-22-2010, 14:36
Move to the back of the line for retraining:

Since I enjoy this site so much, and the general attitude and outlook of the QP's herein are in line with my own, to an extent ;)

That being said, I had mentioned a month or so ago that I applied for selection as a Warrant Officer Aviator. TO make a long story short, I was weighed and measured, and left wanting. I was however, Fully Qualified, Non-Select.

This means that my packet will once again go to the board in March, and I have already made what I consider to be mildly important updates, at least new schools on the ol' ERB that look pretty, I feel pretty good about it.

The reason for me posting this here, is with hopes that some of the folks labeled as "candidates" take a note. Never quit your shit. Sweat out every small detail of that which you are trying to achieve! If you think you can do better on PT, do PT. If you suck at ruck marching, beat feet more often, longer, and heavier. Again, do more PT, you are not only trying to become a member of SF, but hell, you WILL at least be in the Army, so do PT mo betta.

Furthermore, listen to what your peers, subordinates, and especially superiors tell you. I am not saying take everything as fact or law, but at least listen. That which is learned from another man's wisdom does not become your own, but it can help stop poor decisions.

I am in no way a seasoned Soldier, and although I am at rank currently that can mildly be respected by most through virtue of assumed experience, I am still a 24 year old wet behind the ears green-horn, but I admit it.

Don't quit.:cool: