PDA

View Full Version : A Great pair of working boots

Buck
01-16-2010, 08:26
Guys,
Not sure how many appreciate a great pair of working boots, but after signing up for the different pro deals off here, I went to promotive.com, and acquired a nice set of the Kayland Vertigo High boots. This is an extremely comfortable boot, very light weight, and has the new Event Technology for better breathing, and water proofing. I like these boots so much, I am considering ordering another pair to shelf for future use, as a great boot at some point, becomes hard to find as styles change.

This boot would be great for a good hiking boot, good technical climbing boot as it accepts crampons, probably not acceptable for high altitude, very cold temperatures, where an Alpine Lowa, or Mendl boot would be used.

I would also very much consider this boot for tactical use, based on the weight and durability factor, the boot is very well built. One thing I like is the stiffness in the ankle movement, which while running in terrain where it is easy to turn an ankle on a stone, these would be great. The cocoa color scheme is not flashy, and would fit well with 5.11 gear, or military uniforms. I have inserted a couple of photos.

One additional noted feature I have always found useful in a good working boot would be a fairly high wrap around the front of the boot of thick rubber, which alleviates cuts, and wear on the leather while either prone, or working in higher altitudes.

I'd highly recommend this boot, and off the promotive site they cost me $121.00, against the retail pricing of $220.00.

Buck

The Reaper
01-16-2010, 09:36
Buck:

Never heard of the company. Look nice though.

How true does the sizing run? I have a WIDE foot.

Thanks for the review.

TR

wet dog
01-16-2010, 09:49
I'm needing new boots along this style myself, I'll look for them.

Reaper, you may have to go to custom boots like Drews, Whites, etc. Look for a Packer style, (lace up cowboy).
I've worn custom boots all my life, never disapointed. Think like a forest ranger/fire fighter, combat dude.

Tatonka316
01-16-2010, 10:17
Thanks, Buck - will have to check these out! I, too am interested in a WIDE shoe - now TR and WD - you know why I wear "slippers" ALL the time!!!

molon labe:lifter

Buck
01-17-2010, 10:36
Buck:

Thanks for the review.

TR

TR,
Sorry I'm just getting back to this. In reference to a WIDE fit, I was a bit worried also, as my foot runs a bit wide. I called Kayland, and they said order 1 half size larger then you normally would. I ordered the next half size larger, and these fit perfectly, even with a good wool sock, which is what I like them sized to. Whatever size you wear, just get the next half size larger and you should be fine.

Buck

HowardCohodas
01-17-2010, 12:04
Buck:

Thanks for the review.

TR

According to Consumer Search (http://www.consumersearch.com/hiking-boots/kayland-vertigo-high),

May not fit extra wide feet
Women report needing to size up

JoeyB
01-17-2010, 22:22
Buck
you have a chance to wear them boots in warm weather? If so how do they do? too hot? sweaty?

I just had a pair of Raichles blow up, had them for 15 years, damn good boots I gotta replace

Buck
01-22-2010, 21:18
Buck
you have a chance to wear them boots in warm weather? If so how do they do? too hot? sweaty?

I just had a pair of Raichles blow up, had them for 15 years, damn good boots I gotta replace

Joey,
Haven't wore them yet in warm weather, but these boots aren't real thick like a pair of meindl's I have. Like I said before, and I've been wearing them now for a few weeks, and they are comfortable as hell. I expect, plan rather to wear these with military uniform, as deployment boots. I am definately ordering an extra set like I mentioned.

Buck