PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control

JAGO
01-13-2010, 06:02
This couldn't happen? Nobody has guns in Japan!

Every so often I encounter a gun-phobe saying we need a govt grab, citing conditions in foreign countries and telling me that controls work. I try to explain that I have lived in several countries with strict controls and people still use weapons for crime. To take away my guns using such logic only serves to make me a potential victim because violent people will always be out there and they will access guns.

I see an article like this every couple of months in the Japanese press. Gun control only works to deprive the law abiding citizen of a Constitutional Right.

v/r
phil

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/gunman-kills-3-then-himself-in-osaka-bar-shooting

Gunman kills 3, then himself in Osaka bar shooting
Wednesday 13th January, 09:08 AM JST

OSAKA —
Three people were fatally shot by a man Tuesday evening at a bar in Habikino, Osaka Prefecture. The gunman then committed suicide, police said.

The shooter was identified as Yasuhisa Sugiura, 49, an Osaka city government employee. The three people killed in the shooting at around 8 p.m. included Tatsuya Fukui, 23, a part-time employee at the bar, and Yoshiko Tanaka, 66, mother of Sugiura’s wife, the police said.

The other victim, Hiroto Uehara, 49, who was in critical condition, died later. Uehara owned the bar.

According to witnesses, Sugiura and his mother-in-law were at the bar to talk about a divorce. In the middle of the discussion, Sugiura got excited and left. Returning with a shotgun, he shot Tanaka and the two others. Sugiura then shot himself outside the bar.

Several months earlier, Sugiura’s mother-in-law, a former lawmaker at the Habikino city assembly, told an acquaintance that her daughter had a troubled marriage, according to the police.

© 2010 Kyodo News. All rights reserved.

MAB32
01-13-2010, 13:36
JAGO,
Have you heard of Obama using the UN to disarm USA patriots. It seems that he is using a conference some time in the near future in which he will be a participant in a UN councel looking at all the terrorists in the world, including us law abiding citizens here in this country, as a way for the UN to stop the transportation of arms illegally sent to countries who harbor terrorists, and to destroy all states that harbor terroism. Also Clintnochial has stated that it would provide the perfect "end a round" to not have to fight the S.I.G's (Special Interests Groups) involved with pro gun organizations. We as a signer to the UN will sign this charter to become law here according to both Obama and especially Clintnochial?

I recieved this from a friend of mine, so I am unsure of its weight or possibility.:munchin

FirstClass
01-14-2010, 00:51
at least half of the guns used in crime are off of the black market anyway.

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/nation/guns/gunpart2.html

It's amusing that the US would even think about gun control considering they are the leading(by far) arms dealers in the world.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/74/the-arms-trade-is-big-business

JAGO
01-14-2010, 06:39
(snip)

This one is the best

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2009/gadis3396.doc.htm

Brush Okie,
TNX - that bottom link was something.

The committee decided the time for discussion was over and it is time......

[Take your choice]
small arms control ....
national health care ....
limit CO2 emissions ....
path to legalization....
ban on all off shore drilling....

IMHO we need more discussion (and transparency)

That UN language is exactly the same as what is coming out of the current congress. Be afraid, be very afraid.

v/r
phil

Team Sergeant
01-14-2010, 07:59
JAGO,
Have you heard of Obama using the UN to disarm USA patriots. It seems that he is using a conference some time in the near future in which he will be a participant in a UN councel looking at all the terrorists in the world, including us law abiding citizens here in this country, as a way for the UN to stop the transportation of arms illegally sent to countries who harbor terrorists, and to destroy all states that harbor terroism. Also Clintnochial has stated that it would provide the perfect "end a round" to not have to fight the S.I.G's (Special Interests Groups) involved with pro gun organizations. We as a signer to the UN will sign this charter to become law here according to both Obama and especially Clintnochial?

I recieved this from a friend of mine, so I am unsure of its weight or possibility.:munchin

Tell your friend we don't entertain the really "stupid conspiracy theories" and you might want him to get a much thicker "tin-foil" hat.

Team Sergeant

Arctic
01-14-2010, 08:46
JAGO,

OI, first off the United States Governmental system doesn’t work like this...

Get back to the basics; any treaty or charter signed by the president needs the approval of the congress to take effect. So there can’t be an end run around special interest groups no matter what party holds the congress they would be castrated in the next election. Furthermore the United States is indeed a signatory of the U.N. Charter however the U.N. has no control, mandate, or ability to enforce its crap within the United States at this time.

The best example of this I can think of is Medellin V. Texas, where the Supreme Court told the ICJ, Then President Bush, and The world to go f**k themselves and let Texas hang the rapist son of a b***h.

God bless Texas.

dr. mabuse
01-14-2010, 17:09