PDA

View Full Version : Billy Waugh

Knucklehead
01-11-2010, 14:56
I just finished reading "Hunting The Jackal" by Billy Waugh and Tim Keown and I was wondering if anyone here has served with him. He seems interesting but Im not sure how much, if any, of his autobiography was BS.

Kyobanim
01-11-2010, 15:12
I'm sure he'll be along shortly to answer your question

Knucklehead
01-11-2010, 15:18
I found out he was a member not long after I posted this thread. I usually take autobiographies with a grain of salt. I am NOT calling Mr. Waugh a poser or liar. I just simply thought this was a chance to see if anyone severed with him. I write this as I take my right foot out of my mouth to replace it with the other. I feel like a dumbass.

Kyobanim
01-11-2010, 15:21
[Obiwan] Go with your feelings, Luke[\Obiwan]

lol

The search button really is your friend.

Pete
01-11-2010, 15:23
I found out he was a member not long after I posted this thread. I usually take autobiographies with a grain of salt. I am NOT calling Mr. Waugh a poser or liar. I just simply thought this was a chance to see if anyone severed with him. I write this as I take my right foot out of my mouth to replace it with the other. I feel like a dumbass.

Read More - Post Less, Grasshopper.

Use Search before posting a question the way you did and you may find the answer.

Knucklehead
01-11-2010, 15:29
Read More - Post Less, Grasshopper.

Use Search before posting a question the way you did and you may find the answer.

Roger that! I get what I deserve if SgtMaj. Waugh decides to chew my ass out.

Buck
01-11-2010, 15:35

Might be I get what I deserve "when" not "if" SGM decides to chew my ass. You might offer a nice chardany with that ass meal, or maybe better yet, a Liter of Ruetberg Dunkel....mmmmm

Buck

Peregrino
01-11-2010, 19:23

I doubt he'll bother. He's got bigger fish to fry. Great SA for an SF Candidate. :rolleyes:

Mike
01-11-2010, 19:43
Mark this as one of the greatest dumbass moments you'll ever live.

I remember him from B36 involvement in taking some of the heat off our camp.

I talked to him about transferring over to 3rd mobile.
At the time they were losing their senior base commo man.
He said that was the only place they could put me at the time.

I stayed where I was as we spent about a third of the time on operation.

Dozer523
01-11-2010, 19:51
I found out he was a member not long after I posted this thread. I usually take autobiographies with a grain of salt. I am NOT calling Mr. Waugh a poser or liar. I just simply thought this was a chance to see if anyone severed with him. I write this as I take my right foot out of my mouth to replace it with the other. I feel like a dumbass. Now that WOULD be unfortunate.

Stras
01-11-2010, 20:03
Might be I get what I deserve "when" not "if" SGM decides to chew my ass. You might offer a nice chardany with that ass meal, or maybe better yet, a Liter of Ruetberg Dunkel....mmmmm

Buck

Why yes.. a liter of Reutberg Dunkle is just the thing today... too bad you're in TN..... sadly I've used up the last of my Jagertee this weekend...

Having been fortunate to meet SGM(RET) Waugh.... your ass chewing is probably pinned on his calendar for a warm day when he comes back up from FL.

Buck
01-11-2010, 20:28
Why yes.. a liter of Reutberg Dunkle is just the thing today... too bad you're in TN..... sadly I've used up the last of my Jagertee this weekend...

Having been fortunate to meet SGM(RET) Waugh.... your ass chewing is probably pinned on his calendar for a warm day when he comes back up from FL.

Even at 80 I'd put a case of Ruetberger Export Dunkel on SGM Waugh....lol

Stras, remember this photo?

Team Sergeant
01-11-2010, 20:31
Right now SGM is probably wishing he was here in AZ where the temps are a chilly 65-70. I heard it's freezing in FLA!!!!

Knucklehead,
I'm guessing you didn't pick up that screen name from your years at MIT.......
As was said, read more and post less. The search button is your friend.
SGM Billy Waugh has probably killed more people than you've ever met.....

About 1000 push-ups should do. Better get started.

Team Sergeant

Stras
01-11-2010, 20:50
Right now SGM is probably wishing he was here in AZ where the temps are a chilly 65-70. I heard it's freezing in FLA!!!!

Knucklehead,
I'm guessing you didn't pick up that screen name from your years at MIT.......
As was said, read more and post less. The search button is your friend.
SGM Billy Waugh has probably killed more people than you've ever met.....

About 1000 push-ups should do. Better get started.

Team Sergeant

when you're down with the push-ups.... start on the 1000 situps....

I see that the Reaper already has you in his sights..... you're walking on thin ice.

ACE844
01-14-2010, 13:36
Thanks again to SGM Waugh for his service and sacrifices for our country. Out of curiosity, is the correct "Ruetberger Export Dunkel" you gents were referring to? I tried to find the "Ruetberger Dunkel, " but it seems that the 'export' version is the only one available in the states unless one has the means or favors owed to get some delivered via 'diplomatic pouch'? :munchin

Buck
01-14-2010, 13:56
Thanks again to SGM Waugh for his service and sacrifices for our country. Out of curiosity, is the correct "Ruetberger Export Dunkel" you gents were referring to? I tried to find the "Ruetberger Dunkel, " but it seems that the 'export' version is the only one available in the states unless one has the means or favors owed to get some delivered via 'diplomatic pouch'? :munchin

Yes Grasshopper, that is the export of one of the finest dark beers on earth. They make it just south of Bad Toelz, Germany, close to Sachsenkam. I bet if you were to scare a couple of those up for Billy Waugh, he might be a forgivin man, and empty his head of your evil doings... :)

Buck

Utah Bob
01-14-2010, 14:04
Tears flow down my cheeks as I sit here and dream of a liter of Ruetberger, dark as the eyes of a Bavarian maiden, robust as a plate of wurst and brot after a day on the Brauneck, satisfying as seeing the O Club in winter, windows brightly lit and beckoning..... sigh.

BTW Knucklehead, great screen name made even greater by your post.:D

ACE844
01-14-2010, 14:10
Yes Grasshopper, that is the export of one of the finest dark beers on earth. They make it just south of Bad Toelz, Germany, close to Sachsenkam. I bet if you were to scare a couple of those up for Billy Waugh, he might be a forgivin man, and empty his head of your evil doings... :)

Buck

"Buck,"

Thanks, I'll gladly do some hunting for the stuff and see what I can come up with, and also will try to get a quantity to the SGM. If any one has any advice in that regard please let me know. All pleas and advocates nominating themselves to oversee safekeeping of this 'nectar of the gods' will be approached with the following tack. Additionally, I will keep in mind some anecdotal pop culture wisdom from the wannabe Charlie Sheen. He less than eloquently put it in his role in Navy SEALS
Trust me with your life, not your money, your alcohol1, or your wife :)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________
1.) I've taken the liberty of adding that part to the original line in the screen play to twist it as appropriate propaganda. To highlight my needs for this discussion!

greenberetTFS
01-14-2010, 15:22
Tears flow down my cheeks as I sit here and dream of a liter of Ruetberger, dark as the eyes of a Bavarian maiden, robust as a plate of wurst and brot after a day on the Brauneck, satisfying as seeing the O Club in winter, windows brightly lit and beckoning..... sigh.

BTW Knucklehead, great screen name made even greater by your post.:D

UB,

You were making my day that was until you mentioned the O Club,are you suggesting they had Ruetberer on tap for you guys? :cool:Tough life being an Officer wasn't it? ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Utah Bob
01-14-2010, 17:07
UB,

You were making my day that was until you mentioned the O Club,are you suggesting they had Ruetberer on tap for you guys? :cool:Tough life being an Officer wasn't it? ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Well, somebody had to do it. Actually the Ruetberger was back at the BOQ in my room.
Always kept a case for emergency purposes.

I see this joint in Reno stocks it. Old Bridge Pub (http://www.olebridgepub.com/menu) None in my neck of the woods though.:(

Buck
01-14-2010, 17:42
Well, somebody had to do it. Actually the Ruetberger was back at the BOQ in my room.
Always kept a case for emergency purposes.

I see this joint in Reno stocks it. Old Bridge Pub (http://www.olebridgepub.com/menu) None in my neck of the woods though.:(

Bob,
Notice how low the Alchohol level was on their Ruetberger Dunkel Export? 5.3 :(, not like the 9-11% you'd get from the Monks at the Kloster. I'm going to talk to the local Gersthouse, here in Nashville, and see if I can talk them into ordering some, to see how the export tastes.

Buck

ACE844
01-14-2010, 17:48
For those folks who speak fluent German, you could always just give them a ring and ask where to get it here or if they could send a 'care package'.
Google maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://beerme.com/nearby.php?b=8036&n=20

Contact info:
Klosterbrauerei Reutberg
Am Reutberg 3
Sachsenkam, Bayern 83679
Germany
+49 (0)8021 / 8686
Daily at 9:00am.

(I'm not sure if the number is good as it's from an internet source and it's still night time so I didn't try it)

The Reaper
01-14-2010, 18:53
I don't think Customs is going to allow a box of foreign beer to be shipped via parcel post into this country.

It is hard enough shipping it domestically.:D

Does anyone have any more comments on SGM Waugh?

TR

BMT (RIP)
01-14-2010, 19:44
YEA!! I ain't seen the ole fart since he came out of Ba Kev.

BMT

GT Kevin
01-20-2010, 03:18
While I know this has been loosely discussed on other threads do to my use of the ever allusive Search function, SGM Waugh seems to excel at this kind of work, so I felt this thread was appropriate. I have recently finished reading Hunting the Jackal and I really only had two thoughts. The First is that SGM Waugh is an extraordinary American, and from everything I have read and heard about him one of the best soldiers to ever wear the uniform. I have a few friends in the service and when I asked them about the book and author they responded with a sort of reverence usually reserved for God. SGM Waugh thank you for your service sir. The second, and I'm not asking for any OPSEC violations but I am curious about the possibility of other potential Bin Laden's in the world being followed by QP's, that are being held back by liberal agendas like Clinton's. In SGM Waugh’s book he discusses how he planned OBL’s death numerous times only to have the plan rejected. Have we learned from this mistake yet? While you’re watching these targets does the accidental discharge excuse just run through your mind constantly?(Not that anyone would believe you had an AD)

Thanks again for your service SGM Waugh

Stras
01-20-2010, 06:35

Try using the Search button...... or just surf the 10th SFG(A) threads.
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17972

The info is all there.

We have it being delivered to Colorado Springs, CO. Utah Bob, get ahold of SFA 4-24 and maybe one of them can hook you up.