PDA

View Full Version : Cold Wx

stickey
01-10-2010, 08:03
We had snow flurries in Tampa early this morning. Weather Channel showed a rain loop this morning about ten am with those pink sections that said sleet just NE of Orlando and SE of Tampa.

Sat morning i was at work (i teach and on Sat there is a grad prep class for those that are behind) and one of the other teachers yells "it's snowing" and all 40 kids in the library go running outside (it's a courtyard school, where the center of the school is open). I continue to watch from inside. Being from VA, i have seen snow, most of these kids had not. As they are all staring up at the gray sky wanting so badly to see snow, i realize that the teacher saw pieces of ice sliding off the palms of a tree next to the window. They were a bit dissapointed and told them that snow is fun the first few hours, but after that it is a huge pain that no Floridian should want, if for anything the roads. Could you imagine if the Orlampa area got snow? The majority of these people cant drive anyways and most don't have insurance. Ready for next weeks forecast.

armymom1228
01-10-2010, 14:29
Words fail me.

Ice on the ICW (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22198341/detail.html)

stickey
01-10-2010, 14:59
How did i become the original poster here? i was about the 5-6th person, now the forum says i started the thread.

Ohwell,

Armymom,

Have you ever had the strawberries from Morgan farm down in Ruskin? They have a stand there in Ruskin on 41/45, they sell strawberries, milkshakes, strawberry shortcake and other fruits and veggies. Great place & the best strawberries i have had in a long time.

armymom1228
01-10-2010, 15:22
How did i become the original poster here? i was about the 5-6th person, now the forum says i started the thread.

Ohwell,

Armymom,

Have you ever had the strawberries from Morgan farm down in Ruskin? They have a stand there in Ruskin on 41/45, they sell strawberries, milkshakes, strawberry shortcake and other fruits and veggies. Great place & the best strawberries i have had in a long time.

Nope, wrong side of the bay for me. I used to get strawberry milkshakes from a mennonite farm out in the Redlands when I lived in South Dade County back in the day. There is nothing like them though.

When I am living down here, I go over to the Plant City strawberry packing houses and buy flats of the 'culls' and turn them into jam and fruit leather to send to my son when he is deployed. I might try strawberry wine or mead this year.