PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on legal name change before 18x?

PrecisionMaster
01-08-2010, 19:32
Hello all, as I mentioned through my introduction I am a civilian considering an 18x. I read the sticky talking about how Facebook and Myspaces' should be deleted, but me being a previous college student had pictures associated with my name that had been accessible to the public. I have deleted all those pictures, but they still exist in many archives as do personal information associated with my name, I read the whole sticky and saw I can get rid of some of that information, but it is very difficult, possibly even impossible to make some of that information invisible to everyone.
I was wondering what you QPs think of a legal name change before enlisting in the Army? Of course I'm sure I'll have to provide my birth name with a couple things such as medical, security clearance, and possibly other forms, but on the record I would be known as my new legal name. Do you guys think this would cause more headaches than being a good thing? Just want to hear your thoughts on this idea. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

-PreviousMaster

The Reaper
01-08-2010, 19:37
Hello all, as I mentioned through my introduction I am a civilian considering an 18x. I read the sticky talking about how Facebook and Myspaces' should be deleted, but me being a previous college student had pictures associated with my name that had been accessible to the public. I have deleted all those pictures, but they still exist in many archives as do personal information associated with my name, I read the whole sticky and saw I can get rid of some of that information, but it is very difficult, possibly even impossible to make some of that information invisible to everyone.
I was wondering what you QPs think of a legal name change before enlisting in the Army? Of course I'm sure I'll have to provide my birth name with a couple things such as medical, security clearance, and possibly other forms, but on the record I would be known as my new legal name. Do you guys think this would cause more headaches than being a good thing? Just want to hear your thoughts on this idea. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

-PreviousMaster

I think it will be seen as an effort to deceive or conceal.

Are you getting plastic surgery as well?

TR

MackallResident
01-08-2010, 20:39
I don't know much about anything, but i have a close friend in the pipeline I am talking to via facebook messenger right now, me knowing him well, I know he is in the Army, however, there is no publicly displayed evidence anywhere that I have seen on any social networking sites. Just don't talk about it/ post rambo pictures?

And is it precision or previous master?

Surgicalcric
01-08-2010, 20:53
I don't know much about anything, but i have a close friend in the pipeline I am talking to via facebook messenger...

You need to do more reading and you both need to get off crap like FB, MS, Twitter, etc...

Mr Furious
01-08-2010, 22:23

-PreviousMaster

It's pointless and counterproductive. Self-inflicted drama when you eventually get processed for an initial TS/SSBI clearance.

The Reaper
01-08-2010, 23:08
I don't know much about anything, but i have a close friend in the pipeline I am talking to via facebook messenger right now, me knowing him well, I know he is in the Army, however, there is no publicly displayed evidence anywhere that I have seen on any social networking sites. Just don't talk about it/ post rambo pictures?

And is it precision or previous master?

Did you miss the title of this forum, and our warning to non-QPs about dispensing advice?

TR

PrecisionMaster
01-08-2010, 23:22
Thanks Reaper for the response, would also like to hear some more opinions on this from some more QP's if possible, one could 'Google' my name and come up with a decent amount of information.

Thanks,
-PrecisionMaster

Surgicalcric
01-09-2010, 00:10
Thanks Reaper for the response, would also like to hear some more opinions on this from some more QP's if possible...

Take TR's advice; he knows what he's talking about.

There is info out there on everyone. The object is to limit what info is out there by not putting yourself "out there."

As for your college concerns, you arent the first college guy to enlist into SF...

Go do PT

Crip