PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Buy/ Recommendations

CommoGeek
07-23-2004, 07:26
I am looking to buy an assault pack and have narrowed it down to the TT Three Day Assault Pack or the Eagle A-III Pack. Both appear to meet my needs. I will probably need to purchase some other gear as well like a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, flashlights, etc.

Do you have any recommendations for a dealer to handle this? I'd like to do some one-stop shopping or at least cut it down to 2, maybe 3, merchants. I probably have a trip coming up and will need the gear in less than 2 weeks. Is this doable?

Thank you Guys.

CG

eggroll
07-23-2004, 16:47
you cant go wrong with either.. The Reaper is the AIII pimp :D I have never seen an AIII packed with as much SCHTUFF as I did with his at this year's SHOT show.

I would tend to prefer the AIII, but that is just me. If you really had some bucks! My rec would be to go with a Kifaru Marauder.

optactical.com
crowstacticaloutfitters.com

to name a couple

EGG

Air.177
07-23-2004, 17:05
Originally posted by eggroll

crowstacticaloutfitters.com

Crows are good People.

They're out of Houston Texas, and Danny is a friend of Mine. They've always done right by me.

Just My .02

Rotor Strike
07-23-2004, 18:53
I'd have to throw a plug in for Lightfighter Tactical. Brad Nelson's good shit and his prices are pretty damn good too. www.lightfighter.com

CommoGeek
07-24-2004, 05:23
Thank you gentlemen.

It looks like I'm spending a year in sunny Bagram/ Kandahar, so I'll need some good gear, and quick. All of it. clothes, pack, boots, sleeping gear, etc.

The Reaper
07-24-2004, 08:02
I agree and recommend the AIII. Get the accessory pouches for the outside, or mix and max your own.

I have a prototype of a new ruck from Eagle, but it is not ready from prime time yet.

If you have the money, the Kifaru is very nice, but they are three or more times the price of the AIII, abd you have to add the price of the belt to some models.

You can call Eagle and buy directly from them with a military discount, have your unit put in a GSA order from a wholesaler like TSSI or Safety Systems, or call the wholesaler and tell them you are a deploying GI.

TSSI carries a ton of gear and will take care of you or your unit. They are also the guys who carry the GB Knife.

Lightfighter is okay at the retail level, and carries a wide variety of gear, including an exclusive on the RAID pack from Eagle.

Your final option is to come to Bragg and dig through the MCSS, the local vendors, and the local Lightfighter store, and order whatever you cannot find locally.

Let me know what you are looking for by PM, I'll make some recommendations.

TR

The Reaper
07-24-2004, 09:17
I also find the links page on Eggroll's Geardo.com site invaluable in gear hunting.

TR