PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Enhancement Program

NousDefionsDoc
07-23-2004, 07:14
Army of Two?

Bigger breasts offered as perk to U.S. soldiers
Plastic surgery available on taxpayers' dime
Updated: 10:34 a.m. ET July 22, 2004NEW YORK - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan “Be All You Can Be,” but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers’ dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

“Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible,” Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, “the surgeons have to have someone to practice on.”

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-23-2004, 07:20
NDD,

Surely you can't really be all that surpised at this. After all, you and I have worked with a lot of folks that have suffered with cerebral - rectal inversion and it would only be compassionate to be able to correct all the damange done to their heads from that painful extraction process they went through so often.

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
07-23-2004, 07:27
Roger that sir. Actually, i don't have a problem with this. Good practice for the surgeons that will have to reconstruct the wounded. Also, area beautification ain't never a bad thing.:D

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-23-2004, 07:33
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Roger that sir. Actually, i don't have a problem with this. Good practice for the surgeons that will have to reconstruct the wounded. Also, area beautification ain't never a bad thing.:D

I agree.
Jack Moroney

The Reaper
07-23-2004, 07:44
Just a reminder that this is a non-secure forum.

OPSEC and NDAs remain in effect.

TR