PDA

View Full Version : New laryngoscope concept

swatsurgeon
01-04-2010, 20:18
Has anyone seen or used the SKEDCO Combat Applications Laryngoscope ?:munchin

from their web site: http://www.skedco.com/detail.aspx?categoryID=2&productID=745
The SKEDCO Combat Applications Laryngoscope (SCAL) Kit™ utilizes an extremely durable, light-weight, revolutionary adapter. The adaptor quickly converts a standard SUREFIRE 6P Flashlight into a “Tactical Laryngoscope” Handle; ready to accept a fiber optic laryngoscope blade (Miller/Mac). Tactical Intubation at night with NVGs; just insert the kit’s IR filter into the adapter, connect your blade and your “Tactical Laryngoscope™” is NVG compatible. Is starting an IV at night under NVGs a challenge? The Combat Applications Laryngoscope aids in this task by highlighting veins in the hands; making IV insertion possible. While the SKEDCO Combat Applications Laryngoscope Adapter is specifically designed for use with the original SUREFIRE 6P Incandescent Flashlight (1.25” Bezel Ring). This adapter also works with the following Surefire flashlights: 9P, G2, and G3. While the adapter will work with LED versions of the above lights, only incandescent lights can be used to intubate with NVGs and IR blackout filters. LED lights are NOT compatible with NVGs and IR filters, and WILL NOT function.

Seems like a solid concept...my one from NAR is a small streamlight that slides up a hollow handle to provide the illumination to the blade.

ss

adal
01-04-2010, 21:06
I have. I like. There is another one I will post as soon as I can find the site. Disposable, light and LED lights. I have a sample that I can send you if you'd like. adal