PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Toys, as in Guns / Man Cave

Buck
01-02-2010, 21:37
So I loved the post that LarryW made about the video "I Love Guns", so it got me thinking. How about a thread with photos of your guns, reloading benches, Gun related man caves. So here goes..

I took some photos of one side of my basement, which I converted into my gun shop. Built the reloading bench out of solid Oak slabs, and made dove-tail inserts so I can swap out reloaders, swaggers, etc. If anyone likes it, I have plans on how to make it. I made it after getting sick of using old doors, converted desks, etc.

I also took some photos of my Gun Safe, with some of my toys.. Can you tell I am a true 18B at heart?

It only let me upload the reloading bench photos, so I will attach Guns in next post

Buck

Buck
01-02-2010, 21:41
Enjoy...

Buck

The Reaper
01-02-2010, 22:47
Well, I think we have already covered the pics of the guns here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10252

Nice man cave, BTW.:D

TR

Buck
01-02-2010, 22:52
Sorry TR,
Totally missed that thread, sorry, I thought I covered everything in Ammo Talk, missed Weapons Discusion area, should this me moved the the previous thread?

Buck

The Reaper
01-02-2010, 22:56
I think it is great as a "man cave" pics thread.

TR

Buck
01-02-2010, 23:03
Missed one old gun, a Krag 30-40, ever fired one of those TR? out of all my rifles, and a few I didn't take a photo of, the Krag has the coolest sound when fired, prefer it over my Springfield O3

Buck

HowardCohodas
01-02-2010, 23:34
There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed. :cool:

wet dog
01-03-2010, 02:20
There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed. :cool:

I agree with Buck's neatness as it pertains to weapons of death, but I bet the rest of his place looks like a scatter grenade went off.

My cave does...

By the way 'incongruous' is a great word, well done.

LarryW
01-03-2010, 05:30
I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...

Five-O
01-03-2010, 08:45
My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, ...

Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Ruling please?

Dozer523
01-03-2010, 09:16
I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$... Is she STILL down there bitching?

Buck
01-03-2010, 10:07
LarryW, not sure but that might definately be a violation for a bachelor, unless of course you like to knit, and wear womens clothes. You might need to through a team party and have some of us over some day and drag all that crap out... I bet it would make for a hell of a bonfire....lol.

I found this poster which I thought was hilarious, you can print it out, and hang it on your man cave wall. Warning, if you're married you might get prepared for some couch time if she reads this.

Link to "Rules and Orders" for women http://www.pcpotato.com/uploader/files/1/PMC-rules-800.jpg

Buck

The Reaper
01-03-2010, 10:26
I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...

I might need a ruling on this, but it sounds more like a "homo cave".

You need to get rid of that crap and fill the space up with unused sports and athletic gear, dead electronics, and of course, guns and ammo.

TR

Buck
01-03-2010, 10:30
These are some things you can replace the yarn and womens clothes with...

OK, things men need, and are allowed in the Man Cave.

- Humidor
- Poker table
- The heads of some dead animals mounted on the wall (at least 3, with one of them being a bison)
- A foot rest the length of the bar, made up from the barrels of Gatling guns and old pieces of steel from WWII Battleships
- A picture of THE DUKE behind the bar, which will be toasted to NIGHTLY. If you have to ask who THE DUKE is, get out of the Man Cave now!
- A picture of Sinatra across from the bar, perferrably in a plaid hat.
- a shelf next to every urinal where we can rest our beer mugs when in use
- a pool table, with only one working light bulb above it
- Red Grange's leather football helmet.
- The bat Babe Ruth used when he "called his shot"

Gents, other items needed?

Buck

Peregrino
01-03-2010, 11:19
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Rulling please?

You get a temporary "permit for posession" until you can organize a "get her out of my life" party. With enough buddys and a pre-clean to make sure none of your stuff is mixed in with the junk, you should be able to get rid of it in a couple hours. It'll only cost beer and pizza, will restore your "man status", and will give you much needed space to tear down the Harley motor in the basement. Otherwise the next female to take up residence will adopt it as "hers" and start adding to the crap. (Just make sure the dump is open during party hours.)

HOLLiS
01-03-2010, 17:32
^^^ agree to all the comments. Man caves are not to be trifled with.

wet dog
01-03-2010, 18:24
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Rulling please?

Guilty...

Buck
01-03-2010, 18:33
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Ruling please?

lol, guilty, wonder what the sentence will be...

Buck

ZonieDiver
01-03-2010, 19:46
In the process of moving - after 4+ years. I've found "UDT Duck Feet" from 1967, a mask from 1969, and a regulator (double hose) from 1972. There is no "dishonor" in "disorganization" - there is "guy dishonor" in elimininating "stuff"!:D

NoRoadtrippin
01-04-2010, 19:52
Alright, here is mine. I just bought my first house about 11 months ago. The house was new so I had the builder leave the carpet out of one of the extra bedrooms. I got it in a roll though so now I can abuse the slab however I want (spills and such) and then just throw down new carpet when I sell. :D

I built the table myself...first functional item I probably ever built out of wood all on my own outside of shop class. It's attached to the wall and rock solid.

It isn't all gun related, but its definitely my cave and the firearm collection is growing...I need a safe real bad.

lksteve
01-04-2010, 19:59
My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap...Hmmm...do the words "Banned User" mean anything to you? Holy crap, you need some serious penance...

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty...

Ret10Echo
01-04-2010, 20:20
These are some things you can replace the yarn and womens clothes with...

OK, things men need, and are allowed in the Man Cave.

Gents, other items needed?

Buck

There's gotta be a couple of rusted flat weights and perhaps the remains of old field gear "you're gonna fix"....

LarryW
01-04-2010, 21:44
Crap, y'all. I'm guilty as sin, that's for sure. You're right, Dozer, she might just still be down there in one of those tubs...country craft crap wrapped around her, still bitching. Maybe that's what I keep hearing late at night. Gads! I'm beginning to feel like Norman Bates' older brother!

Gotta snap out of it.

New Years Resolution: Snap out of it...all of it!

dac
01-04-2010, 21:50
It isn't all gun related....

I see that. That's quite an impressive collection of monkeys. :D

Buck
01-04-2010, 21:54
Alright, here is mine. I just bought my first house about 11 months ago. The house was new so I had the builder leave the carpet out of one of the extra bedrooms. I got in a roll though so now I can abuse the slab however I want (spills and such) and then just throw down new carpet when I sell. :D

I built the table myself...first functional item I probably ever built out of wood all on my own outside of shop class. It's attached to the wall and rock solid.

It isn't all gun related, but its definitely my cave and the firearm collection is growing...I need a safe real bad.

NoRoadtrippin,
Love the ManCave. I should have taken a shot at the other side of my basement, its a bicycle shop...lol. I build custom bikes on my off time. Last project was a Merlin ExtraLite Titanium Road bike, with Sram Red, and Force components. One of your Mtn Bikes looks like a Titanium frame. Appreciate the photos, hopefully you gave LarryW some ideas for replacing his balls of yarn :)

Buck

Buck
01-04-2010, 21:58
Ok, I was relooking over the photos of NoRoadtrippin's stuff, how in the heck did I miss the Singer Sewing Machine in my first pass :eek:

Rule # 1 No womens shit allowed in the Mancave. We just got through roasting LarryW's conchos in the grill for having yarn balls in his bacement

Buck

LarryW
01-04-2010, 22:00
"...balls of yarn". Yeah, got it, Buck. More like "BALL of yarn"...one little bitty galdarned single ball of squishy yarn. Gads!

I am motivated ... message received.

Peregrino
01-04-2010, 22:07
Ok, I was relooking over the photos of NoRoadtrippin's stuff, how in the heck did I miss the Singer Sewing Machine in my first pass :eek:

Rule # 1 No womens shit allowed in the Mancave. We just got through roasting LarryW's conchos in the grill for having yarn balls in his bacement

Buck

What's wrong with the Singer? Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods. :p (Yes, I've got "several" sewing machines sharing space in my reloading room. Saved a lot of money on sewing patches on uniforms over the years.)

lksteve
01-04-2010, 22:07
Rule # 1 No womens shit allowed in the Mancave. We just got through roasting LarryW's conchos in the grill for having yarn balls in his bacementDunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

I could tolerate yarn if it was part of a sand table kit, but since LarryW was a squid, he can't cop to that...

Buck
01-04-2010, 22:10
What's wrong with the Singer? Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods. :p (Yes, I've got "several" sewing machines sharing space in my reloading room.)

I know a Room mate for you if the SHTF, I know a guy who can supply you with Yarn Balls.....lol

LarryW j/k man, you know how it is, can't let that one go. Gonna have to rename you to "The Tailor"... I like it

Buck

lksteve
01-04-2010, 22:19
Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods.I really only need the GF for one thing...maybe two...:D

Buck
01-04-2010, 22:22
Dunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

I could tolerate yarn if it was part of a sand table kit, but since LarryW was a squid, he can't cop to that...

Steve,
Ya got a point there. Ok, Singer Sewing Machines are OK, for gear of course. Actually not a bad idea I guess, if I had one, I'd have to camo spray it though...lol. That might be a nice touch to it actually.

Buck

Buck
01-04-2010, 22:24
I really only need the GF for one thing...maybe two...:D

Hopefully neither of those are for paintin your toe nails :munchin

Buck

lksteve
01-04-2010, 22:26
Steve,
Ya got a point there. Ok, Singer Sewing Machines are OK, for gear of course. Actually not a bad idea I guess, if I had one, I'd have to camo spray it though...lol. That might be a nice touch to it actually.Yup...and back when we actually had patches sewn on our uniforms at $.50 a shot, it could cost a guy upwards of $7 just to get some BDUs set up...

wet dog
01-04-2010, 22:30
Dunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

One ODA I was on, 18 months, we had a buy in, $100. The team bought an industrial strength sewing machine. It was perfect to fab thick nylon straps, ruck sack mods, etc. In SA, (South America) our ODA had built STABO rigs into LBE's. I modified my M203 vest with a STABO type rig, leg and chest straps.

Sold it...

Damn, kinda wish I hadn't.

lksteve
01-04-2010, 22:33
But if you're going to have a sewing machine in a man-cave, there'd better be some pictures of fabricated, altered, or repaired gear...otherwise, NO GO...at least that's how I see it...

koz
01-05-2010, 09:34
But if you're going to have a sewing machine in a man-cave, there'd better be some pictures of fabricated, altered, or repaired gear...otherwise, NO GO...at least that's how I see it...

And the sewing machine motor needs to be rated in horsepower.... Mine is 1/2 HP

mojaveman
01-05-2010, 10:56
I really only need the GF for one thing...maybe two...:D

Cooking and ...?

Cleaning house and ...?

:D

lksteve
01-05-2010, 11:04
Cooking and ...?

Cleaning house and ...I do almost all the cooking...and I clean her garage, as needed...nope...those ain't it...

cszakolczai
01-05-2010, 15:18
I'm surprised I haven't seen any TV's pictured yet.

Buck
01-05-2010, 18:09

I'd post a photo of the Labryinth, aka TV room, but I know I'd get screams of jealousy....lol. I just mounted the new Samsung 46" LED. If anyone does buy a Flatscreen, make sure it's an LED, absolutely blow away plasmas, and LCD's

Buck

wet dog
01-05-2010, 18:21

Same here, although, I do like the cave free of distractions.

NoRoadtrippin
01-05-2010, 22:26
Hey Buck thanks for the kind words.

Yep, my mountain bike is Ti. Its an Ibis Mai-Ti from the original incarnation of the company. I was working at a shop and selling people's bikes on the side via Ebay when they were looking for something new. It was a great way to make extra cash and the sale of a new bike. This guy brought this in and all the FOGs started tripping all over themselves. I suppose it compares to having a early Mustang if Ford had gone under a year after it was made. I have about $800 in it and I'd be willing to sell it for probably no less than 4k. Basically I just got lucky.

And yep, the sewing machine is for gear...and whatever else...I'm not above fixing clothes and such. Thus far all I've done really is add some tie downs to one of my tarps, a loop for my Camelbak in a pack that didn't have one, and maybe some stuff sack repairs. I need to find some Cordura and actually try to make something from scratch...

cszakolczai
01-06-2010, 00:35
I'd post a photo of the Labryinth, aka TV room, but I know I'd get screams of jealousy....lol. I just mounted the new Samsung 46" LED. If anyone does buy a Flatscreen, make sure it's an LED, absolutely blow away plasmas, and LCD's

Buck

Please by all means, make me jealous haha. I was given a blueray player for Christmas and this thing alone wants me to get a bigger TV. The quality that it puts out on my tiny little 26" LCD is just beyond words. Is there a sweet surround sound system to tag along with the LED TV?

Same here, although, I do like the cave free of distractions.

I am a multi tasker, so I constantly have my TV on playing some sort of movie as I'm doing other work, then again I find myself watching that very movie sometimes when I should be finishing up the work. Sometimes Indiana Jones just deserves more attention.

Weazle23
01-16-2010, 08:08
How about a kegerator? Who has one in their mancave? A bar with stools, and a few shelves of liquor would be nice too. :lifter

Snaquebite
01-16-2010, 08:51
Apparently I don't have a "man cave". Had a friend over yesterday, her daughter stopped by and while the daughter was being shown around by the mother...the daughter (28 yr old) said..."Mom, this is a really nice "man-house"."

:lifter

Sabre2G
01-17-2010, 06:58
Well, no man cave for me yet in time there will definitely be one. Though I have a small amount of firearms (5) this seems to be the only one I can find a picture of.

Longstreet
01-17-2010, 12:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
I really only need the GF for one thing...maybe two...

Cooking and ...?

Cleaning house and ...?

I was going to say cooking and serving beer. They used to be needed for changing the TV channel, but that has since been phased out due to technology improvements.

jaYson

HowardCohodas
01-17-2010, 12:49
I was going to say cooking and serving beer. They used to be needed for changing the TV channel, but that has since been phased out due to technology improvements, heh-heh.

jaYson

It's so sad to see a man of such limited vision. :D

Buck
01-17-2010, 13:29
It's so sad to see a man of such limited vision. :D

And now I can see this thread taking a turn for the worst...lol Such a simple statement, but the mind starts reeling... This should be interesting...:munchin

Buck

NoRoadtrippin
01-17-2010, 20:36
All I got to say is that in a forum full of such manly-men and people who likely have rooms full of toys, we have only seen a couple of caves. I was hoping for some ideas to improve on mine...

wet dog
01-17-2010, 23:01
A buddy of mine has the following. I've got keys.

WD

http://vault970.com/

HowardCohodas
01-17-2010, 23:28
A buddy of mine has the following. I've got keys.

WD

http://vault970.com/

Sounds like a great buddy to me. You're a lucky guy.

wet dog
01-18-2010, 00:15
Sounds like a great buddy to me. You're a lucky guy.

He is, but he's trying to sell the property.

At some point, I'll have to turn over the keys.

In door range, archery range, walk in humidor, wine cellar, sports bar. 7500 sq ft. Cool cars too. Have keys for those also, but no insurance.

Penn
01-18-2010, 06:25
WD....what is your friend asking for the space?

Kyobanim
01-18-2010, 07:51
WD....what is your friend asking for the space?

I'll kick in 5 bucks . . .