PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand clips/mags

07-22-2004, 14:27
I was wondering if anyone here knew where I could get some good M1 clips/mags without spending a whole lot. I don't mind paying for quality, but I've seen some that were new for up to $50. They'll be used in a WWII era M1 Garand.

CPTAUSRET
07-22-2004, 15:39
I can't help you with your quest, but I will tell you that the ammunition was fed from a clip, not a magazine. A magazine has an internal spring.

Good luck, I took basic training with the M1 Garand and I hope to own one, one of these days.

Terry

07-22-2004, 15:47
Thanks, I wasn't quite sure how it was classified. Although I'm getting mine from a gun shop, it was one of the surplus ones for sale from the government.

I saw the link about the HK mags and thought I'd ask. I'm going to need some of both. :D

Air.177
07-22-2004, 16:36
Check Here (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=MAG%2D246&thru=fr&mscssid=840S7A7AD0K19PW6F8LDFX9B135CAAB3) We carry them. $2.89/5 pk I think

Adam White
07-22-2004, 17:45
There is no reason for you to buy clips.

Most ammo surplus dealers sell Korean suplus 30.06 loaded in clips already. After you are done shooting, you have clips out the proverbial wazoo.

Besides, why spend the time loading the dang clips yourself - when you can buy the ammo pre-loaded for less money than most places sell the ammo for?

Try www.ammoman.com for great deals - or just check your local gun show. That old stuff still shoots great - and pretty damn accurate for what it is.

If you REALLY want clips, I have hundreds of them lying around.

07-22-2004, 17:55
Not very many gun and knife shows in Alaska. I need to go around to more gun shops again to see if they sell it already on clips. I pay out the nose for shipping up here, and it's even worst for ammo. Hubby and I reload, so I don't need a whole bunch, just a dozen or so. I like making custom loads, so I'll buy some ammo, and reload some and see what works best.

Thanks for the link Air.177. I'll check it out.

TF Kilo
07-23-2004, 10:55
Originally posted by Adam White
There is no reason for you to buy clips.

Most ammo surplus dealers sell Korean suplus 30.06 loaded in clips already. After you are done shooting, you have clips out the proverbial wazoo.

Besides, why spend the time loading the dang clips yourself - when you can buy the ammo pre-loaded for less money than most places sell the ammo for?

Try www.ammoman.com for great deals - or just check your local gun show. That old stuff still shoots great - and pretty damn accurate for what it is.

If you REALLY want clips, I have hundreds of them lying around.

It'll give her something to do during the day. Place bullet, pull lever. Place bullet, pull lever.

Adam White
07-24-2004, 09:05
Alaska!?

My situational awareness is lacking.

I just figured out who you two were. I don't know anyone who ships ammo to Alaska.

No levers to pull, though - you just stand up 8 rounds into the clip - no more, no less.

Adam White
07-24-2004, 09:15
Alaska Hometown Shooter's Forum (http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=43)

WARNING: 10% rule applies - with up to an 80% margin of error.

TF Kilo
07-24-2004, 19:30
Ah, but on our XL650 there is a lever. Also a powder check, powder sensor, primer sensor, casefeeder, and a roller handle.

Adam White
07-25-2004, 08:20
Aha - you were discussing loading the ammo itself, and I was thinking loading ammo into the clips.

Ever since that contraption someone brought to the last SOCSHOOT for loading mags, my minds has been a bit twisted. Damn "Lulu" or whatnot.

Enjoy your M1 - I have two - they're addictive.