PDA

View Full Version : Snow Camo

dac
12-29-2009, 11:44
Thought this was pretty interesting after all the new camo talk...

http://strikehold.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/tis-the-season-for-snow-camo/

Larger image of the snow MARPAT attached.

Pete
12-29-2009, 11:54
Kinda' look like dirty overwhites.

The LBE is a nice touch.

DinDinA-2
12-29-2009, 12:38
LBE...and boots and helmet. I have played around with overwhites a bit, and added quite a bit of dark color to them, twigs & splotches. I takes more than one would think when working in vegetation areas.

Those military snow shoes suck big time. The old long wooden ones with upturn toes are the best, as they work in ALL snow conditions.

ODA 226
12-30-2009, 09:03
Most of us old 10th Groupers prefered Trails over Bear Paws but the Army in its infinate wisdom tried to combine the two with disasterous results.

Longstreet
01-01-2010, 13:21
The Canadian DND has been working on this one for some time. When I was with my regiment, CADPAT arctic was still under development. I am not sure if it is now being issued, but it definately looks like an improvement over the white suits we were issued. Here is a website link that provides some information about it.

http://www.consoltex.com/pages/products/techeng/militaryfab.aspx?lang=EN-CA

Dragbag036
01-01-2010, 15:11
Yeah, we all learned that over-whites become brown after the first dirt that gets on them. We would add a splash of paint to them because unless you are in whiteout conditions over-whites needed a bit of help. As with everything, after you do it, they produce it.

Stras
01-01-2010, 15:50
Yeah, we all learned that over-whites become brown after the first dirt that gets on them. We would add a splash of paint to them because unless you are in whiteout conditions over-whites needed a bit of help. As with everything, after you do it, they produce it.

They look pretty good with Hunter Orange too....

wet dog
01-01-2010, 18:22
What I've found successful was overwhites below the waist, regular camo, (ghille), above the waste. If kneeling or in the prone, regular camo matches to bushes and shrubbery. Ive even gone with gray/black no match rock. Snow, for the most part does not remain on bushes for long, especially in windy conditions.

Up north, above the 60 line, I've hunted with Eskimos, who looked like rocks in the snow.

How much 'green' in the photo, 20%, 30%, 40%?

WD

Utah Bob
01-03-2010, 18:33
Most of us old 10th Groupers prefered Trails over Bear Paws but the Army in its infinate wisdom tried to combine the two with disasterous results.

That's for sure. A Trailshoe is the only thing for scooting through the woods in powder.