PDA

View Full Version : A new knife maker

wet dog
12-28-2009, 13:51
My youngest finally finished his first knife, and while his hands are still too young to work metal, he has 5-6 hours of real sweat in filing, sanding and polishing.

WD

Kyobanim
12-28-2009, 14:24
That looks really nice. Very good job on the finishing. Did dad do the metal work or did dad allow his son to have some fun too?

Go Devil
12-28-2009, 14:37
Looks Great!

Good to see em' working at a young age.

Tatonka316
12-28-2009, 16:08
Give him a big hug from "Uncle Jeff!" Can't wait to see it later this week!!!

molon labe:lifter

mojaveman
12-28-2009, 17:15
That's a nice knife Wet Dog.

That's a good way to teach your young ones the value of hard work. Let me know if he's planning on selling any.

Claemore
12-29-2009, 16:06
That is a beautiful knife. Good work.

Penn
12-29-2009, 18:51
Great polish work on the handel

wet dog
12-29-2009, 21:24
That's a nice knife Wet Dog.

That's a good way to teach your young ones the value of hard work. Let me know if he's planning on selling any.

He's not going to get authorization to proceed without a two week aprenticship with Bill Harsey, there is only so much a father can do, and sometimes, dad is not the one to teach. This is when Bill steps in and says, "Your father wants you to learn...".

He is excited about making more knives. He got to gut and clean a few fish that his older brother caught today. I saw that kid rest comfortably on the ice for an hour looking up at Big Horn Sheep.

WD

cosmok
12-30-2009, 08:09
That is a great looking knife, very nice work.

Eric

Bill Harsey
12-30-2009, 11:26
Wet Dog,
Please give your son my best for the work he has done. That knife looks better than the first fifty I did.

DJ Urbanovsky
12-30-2009, 12:30
That's awesome.

Get 'em started when they're young. :D

Streck-Fu
12-30-2009, 12:40
That's some nice work. Congrats to your son on a job well done.

greenberetTFS
12-30-2009, 13:07
WD,

He did a great job on that handle....... :cool: And lying there, he looks like potential SF material to me,you said for an hour right!...... :) Sounds like a "young tiger" to me.....;)

Big Teddy :munchin

ACE844
12-30-2009, 14:17
WD,

You're right to be a proud pappa and your son is very talented. He did some outstanding work on that piece. I wish you and your family continued success in the future.

wet dog
12-28-2010, 22:07
WD,

He did a great job on that handle....... :cool: And lying there, he looks like potential SF material to me,you said for an hour right!...... :) Sounds like a "young tiger" to me.....;)

Big Teddy, my name is White Bear, my Navajo uncle named me that, I'm Wet Dog's youngest son. I turn 10 in February and I plan on becoming a Special Forces soldier when I have finished HS and have a couple of years in the Infantry under by belt.

Thank you for the nice comments on my first knife. I want to build more, but I'm living with my mom this year while my dad is relocating his business.

Yes, I watched big horm sheep whiling lying on the ice. My dad has also taught me to make fire with flint and steel. My favorite is steel-wool, car batteries and gas.

My favorite subjects is school are science, social studies and math, maybe I'll be an SF engineer or a detachment commander. I like all things old, I like to weld, blacksmith and build old cars. Santa gave me a '75 Torino with a 351M engine, 111,000 original miles. It runs well, but needs a new paint job. I'll post when it is finshed. I'll be with my dad all summer long, you and my dad should take a road trip.

White Bear

Barbarian
12-29-2010, 07:39
Wet Dog, I like your son already. Sounds like you're teachin' him all the right stuff. He did a mighty fine job on that knife too. Can't wait to see the next one.

A '75 Torino!!:eek: Santa sure was good to him this year. I'm jealouse.:D

Truckie117
12-29-2010, 08:35
Nice work on the knife keep up the good work.

greenberetTFS
12-29-2010, 12:27
[QUOTE=greenberetTFS;305372]WD,

He did a great job on that handle....... And lying there, he looks like potential SF material to me,you said for an hour right!...... Sounds like a "young tiger" to me.....;)

Big Teddy

White Bear,

Sounds like you've got a good handle on what you want to do in the your future....:D
Good luck "young tiger",I hope I'll be around to see your earn your Green Beret......;)

sal
12-29-2010, 13:31
Good job Dad, and good job to White Bear also.

sal

busa
12-29-2010, 13:35
Wet Dog will your son teach me how to make a knife?

Very nice job!!!:lifter

wet dog
12-29-2010, 17:29
Wet Dog will your son teach me how to make a knife?

Very nice job!!!:lifter

I'll ask him, standby,.....

He says yes but he wants to aprentise with a real knife maker first, not dad.

I think I was just fired.

busa
12-29-2010, 18:02
That's it I've got dibs on the first one!

alright4u
12-30-2010, 00:08
My youngest finally finished his first knife, and while his hands are still too young to work metal, he has 5-6 hours of real sweat in filing, sanding and polishing.

WD

Keep him encouraged.

JJ_BPK
12-30-2010, 04:43
I'll ask him, standby,.....

He says yes but he wants to aprentise with a real knife maker first, not dad.

I think I was just fired.

WD,, Congratulation to your son for the fine job,, :D

And to you for developing such a good relationship with your kids.. :lifter:D:lifter

Worth a gazillion bucks...

wet dog
05-19-2011, 19:52
White Bear, signing on...

My dad let's me read a few threads when we're together.

Got to spend some time with him in the pool today.:lifter

Cross-overs still suck, flutter-kicks suck more.:mad:

I play center field this weekend, go SF Giants. Still hoping the Rockies beat Phillies.

Picked up a Barack Obama baseball card in a White Sox pack, 2005, when he pitched the opening game ball, 2005 World Series for his favorite team.

You can't make this stuff up.

White Bear