PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas one last time............

greenberetTFS
12-25-2009, 13:17
And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
--Luke 2:7

At age four, Dylan was delighted to hear the Christmas story. He begged his grandmother to read it over and over again from an old Bible storybook that once belonged to his mother.

After about the sixth time, Dorothy was growing weary! But not wanting to quell his intrigue in the story of the Savior's birth, she decided to add a new dimension to the learning experience. She searched through her older Christmas decorations until she found an old plastic crèche, which she brought to the boy. Then she encouraged him to use it to act out the story.

After practicing the story several times, the boy invited his grandmother and parents to a special presentation of his nativity drama. And he told the story with sincere passion. Angels announced the birth of Jesus to shepherds stationed on a hillside of pillows, next to a herd of sheep which consisted of two plastic lambs, a couple of scuffed-up zebras and a plastic monkey. Then the wise men made their way across the leather couch bearing gifts for the baby king.

Dylan moved to the scene where Joseph and Mary began their search for a room in Bethlehem. He helped Joseph knock on the door of the inn, and asked, "Do you have any rooms here?" And then, grumbling in the most villainous voice he could muster, he said, "I'm sorry! We don't have any room for you here!" With a sweet, pleading voice he replied, "Oh, please, mister! My wife is going to have the baby Jesus today, and someday he will save you!"

There was an interesting little break in the action as the boy cupped his hand around Joseph's head and he seemed to whisper into the plastic figure's ear. But he quickly returned to the story, with the innkeeper offering the stable, and soon, baby Jesus was born and placed safely in his manger of hay.

After the applause for the great performance, Dorothy couldn't help but ask her little grandson what he had whispered in Joseph's ear when he was at the inn. And after a little cajoling, the boy said, "I told him that Jesus could have my room."

Dorothy, with a proud tear in her eye, smiled and whispered in his ear, "You know what, Dylan? That is just the kind of invitation Jesus would accept. In fact, I believe Jesus is sharing your room, even now."

If you have already made room for Jesus in your heart, then give Him thanks that He has taken up residence in your life. But if you have yet to make room for Him, let this be the day that you do. Just say, "Jesus, please come live in me today. Come be my Savior and forgive me of my sins." And He will....:)

Big Teddy ;)

Gypsy
12-25-2009, 20:28
Thanks, Big Teddy. :)

NoRoadtrippin
12-26-2009, 23:50
Unto us a Savior is born.

Good stuff. Merry Christmas everyone.

Scimitar
12-27-2009, 00:39
I like the monkey...

Thanks Ted.