PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Commission Report is Out

NousDefionsDoc
07-22-2004, 09:43
Report (http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf)

NousDefionsDoc
07-22-2004, 09:57
LOL - I was scrolling down to make sure I had it all and look where I happened to stop to answer the phone.

"The same was true for the option of using ground units from the Special Operations Command. Within the command, some officers—such as Schoomaker—wanted the mission of “putting boots on the ground” to get at Bin Ladin and al Qaeda. At the time, Special Operations was designated as a “supporting command,” not a “supported command”: that is, it supported a theater commander and did not prepare its own plans for dealing with al Qaeda. Schoomaker proposed to Shelton and Cohen that Special Operations become a supported command, but the proposal was not adopted. Had it been accepted, he says,he would have taken on the al Qaeda mission instead of deferring to Zinni. Lieutenant General William Boykin, the current deputy under secretary of defense for intelligence and a founding member of Delta Force, told us that “opportunities were missed because of an unwillingness to take risks and a lack of vision and understanding.”

The Reaper
07-22-2004, 10:19
LTG Boykin does have a way of cutting to the bottom line, doesn't he?

He and GEN Schoomaker, Great Americans both.

TR