PDA

View Full Version : the Green Beret


IrishYanksFan
12-23-2009, 21:15
I tried Google to find the answer to this, but to no avail.

I am aware that SF soldiers can wear the Special Forces Tab for the remainder of their careers, even after they leave SF. However, can SF soldiers continue to wear the Green Beret after being transferred to a non-SF unit, or must they go back to wearing the standard black beret?

wet dog
12-23-2009, 21:26
Soldiers wear the head gear of their assigned units. But since everyone wears berets these days, exceptions have been made for SF soldiers to continue to wear the Green Beret, but not always, Unit Cdrs have the final say.

Go do push-ups...

Merry Christmas!

WD

greenberetTFS
12-23-2009, 21:26
I tried Google to find the answer to this, but to no avail.

I am aware that SF soldiers can wear the Special Forces Tab for the remainder of their careers, even after they leave SF. However, can SF soldiers continue to wear the Green Beret after being transferred to a non-SF unit, or must they go back to wearing the standard black beret?

Young Lad,your going to get clobbered...... :rolleyes: You just gotta learn to use our search button before posting...........:eek: I'm the nice guy,but the others are the bad guys and they are going to kill you..............:( WD is a nice guy too........

Big Teddy :munchin

The Reaper
12-23-2009, 21:31
I tried Google to find the answer to this, but to no avail.

I am aware that SF soldiers can wear the Special Forces Tab for the remainder of their careers, even after they leave SF. However, can SF soldiers continue to wear the Green Beret after being transferred to a non-SF unit, or must they go back to wearing the standard black beret?

Why?

Are you SF already?

TR

IrishYanksFan
12-23-2009, 21:31
Why?

Are you SF already?

TR

Negative. I was just curious.

Surgicalcric
12-23-2009, 21:57
...I was just curious.

The search button better be your starting point with your next curiosity...

Go do PT

wet dog
12-23-2009, 22:00
Why?

Are you SF already?

TR

It has begun....