PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak train stopped in NJ

Murph
07-22-2004, 08:02
from Fox News. Reports this morning included rumors of a suspicious package on the train. I'll post more if I hear more.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,126596,00.html

Thanks...

Police Detain NYC-Bound Amtrak Train
Thursday, July 22, 2004

NEWARK, N.J. — Police on Thursday were questioning passengers aboard an Amtrak (search) train that was detained at Newark Penn Station.

An Associated Press editor aboard the New York-bound train said police were going down the aisles asking to see ID. They were checking the information with hand-held computer devices.

Police also were checking overhead luggage compartments with a metal wand, and at least one police dog was on the train.

Police were not allowing anyone on or off the train. The platform was cordoned off with yellow police tape.

An Amtrak spokesman said he couldn't comment on what he called "an active police investigation" until it was over.

The train arrived in Newark short after 8 a.m. EDT.

Murph
07-22-2004, 08:38
Sorry about that folks. It looks like the train was allowed to depart about 90 minutes after they stopped it.

NousDefionsDoc
07-22-2004, 09:48
Don't be sorry murph, that's good news. Thanks for the report.

Murph
07-22-2004, 14:00
Roger that, NDD. I'm glad it turned out to be no more than an inconvenience to the folks commuting into the city.