PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Butterfly on my Ma Deuce

Sabre2G
12-17-2009, 11:59
So my M2 seems to have a really heavy butterfly since it came back from reset. It takes just about as much downward pressure as I can give to get it to fire. I am curious as to what may be the cause of this:confused:confused: Another thing is the D!*n thing came back with an actual safety. Never seen that before.

MARSOC0211
12-18-2009, 01:06
Yep, they have safeties on them now instead of the .50 cal brass safety :D. But to answer your question, did you check your timing? If the timing is off, it can make the trigger heavy.

Sabre2G
12-18-2009, 01:21
Yep, they have safeties on them now instead of the .50 cal brass safety :D. But to answer your question, did you check your timing? If the timing is off, it can make the trigger heavy.

I checked the headspace and timing several times after this happened the first time. They were both good. My other thought is maybe the backplate is worn. It's the same one that it had before, it went to reset so maybe the safety has something to do with that...

caveman
12-18-2009, 06:10
TM 9-1005-213-10 which you can get at www.usapa.army.mil would be where I'd start.

Of course you may already have the TM in which case disregard.

BryanK
12-21-2009, 06:16
I checked the headspace and timing several times after this happened the first time. They were both good. My other thought is maybe the backplate is worn. It's the same one that it had before, it went to reset so maybe the safety has something to do with that...

Did you turn the timing nut up (counter-clockwise) two more clicks after it fired? Also, we have been having issues with these darned safeties, especially on rock & roll. Maybe the stub of the safety is interfering with the trigger itself? Have an armorer check her out. Hope you like the new HS&T stickers by the way :p