PDA

View Full Version : SFAS Issue

cavfist
12-16-2009, 07:46
Are the issued rucks still the large ALICE or are they doing the MOLLE now?

krod
12-16-2009, 07:58
Still the ALICE

cavfist
12-16-2009, 09:01
thanks

2charlie
02-07-2010, 08:04
Thought I would update this post, CIF is now issuing MOLLE gear to incoming guys.

Defender968
02-07-2010, 08:27
For selection? I just went through CIF for SFQC (same CIF as for SFAS) last week and we were issued Alice packs, in Nov I went through SFAS and was also issued an Alice. Are you talking about CIF for AIT?

Ret10Echo
02-07-2010, 08:48
Guys,
Would you NOT carry the load if you were issued a sheet of canvas and a coil of rope?

Take a look at NDD's quote again.

R10

wet dog
02-07-2010, 16:04
Guys,
Would you NOT carry the load if you were issued a sheet of canvas and a coil of rope?

R10

Canvas and rope is fine by me, evenly cut willow branches make it all come together.

Defender968
02-07-2010, 23:29
Guys,

R10

Ret10Echo I'm prepared to carry anything that's required, I was simply trying to make sure the info being passed out on this site was/is accurate.

Dozer523
02-07-2010, 23:52
Guys,

R10 You were issued Canvas and rope? You were lucky! When I went through the Q course we were issued goats. We had to use their dried bellies and make rope from their hair; pack frames from their rib cages. They have just made it too easy:D

Ret10Echo
02-08-2010, 05:51
Ret10Echo I'm prepared to carry anything that's required, I was simply trying to make sure the info being passed out on this site was/is accurate.

Defender,

The question and statement were not directed at you. I believe those targeted got the point.

R10

Defender968
07-14-2010, 17:48
Just to pass along to anyone else researching this, SFQC is now issuing Molle to incoming Q students as well.

Eagle5US
07-14-2010, 20:47
Enough already...who gives a rats ass what they are issuing?!? Does getting a MOLLE or not determine whether or not you are going to go to SFAS? Carry what you are given. End of friggin STORY.:mad:

What is going to happen if there is a "big class" or you get something other than what you expect???
"Sorry Cadre QP, I didn't make my times for Gate I because I trained with my MOLLE ruck and they gave me this crappy ALICE. Cut me some slack?:(

When are you guys going to friggin GET IT?

"High Speed" should only apply to your timed movements.
READ the THREAD...a QP has already addressed the fact that what you are given doesn't matter...IT IS WHAT YOU HAVE.

This community of men does not rely on equipment, it is a "nice-ity" that is appreciated when it is available, but it ABSOLUTELY does not determine whether or not the mission is accomplished.

Get your head in the game and train. Period. Carry what you are given. Period. Walk with the boots that are on the approved list. Period. Take what is on the packing list. Period.

You will make it or you won't. PERIOD. When you fail or quit you can blame anything you want...your equipment, the weather, peers, asshole cadre, the orbital alignment of Saturn to the Horsehead Nebulea and it's affect on penguin mating habits. It won't matter.

YOU will either do it, or YOU wont. Excuses won't get you to the next phase of your training. YOU will......

Or not. Period.

Eagle

Defender968
07-15-2010, 08:09
Eagle5US, respectfully I understand what you are saying with regards to either having the drive/will within you or not and I agree with you, but I have also seen dozens of times over the years on this site where people were carrying other rucks and were told my many different QPs here to practice/train with what they are going to be issued, I was not trying to be high speed, I was simply trying to keep those searching for info informed of the latest and greatest. I got asked yesterday by an old troop of mine who is in the process of training up for SFAS and I remembered this post and thought I'd put out an update as I posted before they weren't issuing Molle when I came through the CIF for the Q.

Were I training up to go to SFAS again now with the possibility of getting a Molle or an Alice I'd probably split time between the two in my train up just to make sure I had some time under both to see how to put my gear together with each, to give myself the best chance possible and if they gave me a pillow case and some 550 when I got to SFAS I’d carry that as far and as fast as I could but that’s me, in the end as you said guys will either make it or not.

Now back to studying and PT.