PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show 2010?

Tuukka
12-09-2009, 09:25
Who is attending the 2010 SHOT Show?

I´ll be coming in early and staying until the 24th.

Ambush Master
12-09-2009, 21:06
I'm planning on it!! Haven't got the definite dates or times set yet, but I'm off for a few days and plan on pulling it all together.

Later.
Martin

The Reaper
12-09-2009, 21:09
In.

TR

Justinmd
12-10-2009, 00:00
I'll be there, and I will have free time this time around.

The Reaper
12-10-2009, 08:24
I'll be there, and I will have free time this time around.

First time for everything.

Now if we can only get Brian Sain out of his booth and stopped, we will be getting somewhere.

PM me if you need anything from Bragg.

TR

Justinmd
01-15-2010, 19:47
Gents,
I'm flying in Sun with some other QP's, so if you guys do a meet, send me an email and we'll join in. justin magpul com

Also we're trying to figure out if there will be a pre SHOT live fire demo for .mil guys, anyone know?

wet dog
01-15-2010, 20:45
Traveling Sunday, will be there all week. PM (Sat.) with contact info.

WD

bigdog
01-15-2010, 20:59
I'm attending wednesday to saturday.

wet dog
01-16-2010, 19:12
If your attending, PM contact info ASAP, I'll set up a meeting spot for cigars and drinks.

Tatonka316
01-16-2010, 19:14
I will be there working out of the Freedom Hunter's booth - it will be great to finally meet so many of you!!! Stop by for a "great deal" on Junior's Bullet Pens!!!

molon labe:lifter

Ambush Master
01-24-2010, 09:38
Was a GREAT Show, with the exception of the venue!!! Got to see/meet many more that posted here!! Hope everyone got home safely and with few hassles!!! A couple of us had to rent a car and drive to Phoenix to get to DFW!! (With a slight side trip to visit with TS!!)

Take care.
Martin

wet dog
01-24-2010, 13:39
A great show, Tatonka316 and I traveled with the Freedom Hunters team.

For the QP's in attendance, it was great to finally place a name with a face. Thank you Ambush Master and The Reaper.

Got to also link up with new friends, Orion5, Bill Harsey, Chris Reeves, Brian Sain from Black Hills Ammo to name a few. Ran into Tim Kennedy, he looks to be in fighting condition. Tim informed us that he's fighting later this spring in Vegas, (March-Apr).

Ted Nugent stopped by our booth, he purchased a book and Bullet Pen to support Freedom Hunters and the Warrior Foundation. He and Totanka316 visited for a bit, pretty cool. A lot of QP's stopped by and just hung out, seems the venue was poorly managed but we were easy to find.

Thanks everyone for visiting!

We arrived late Sunday afternoon, tried to set up but to no avail, booth location was all wrong. It would have to wait until early Monday morning. After booth set up, we travel to the Live Fire range sponsored by OTIS, a great BBQ meal was put out for us. Rain kept most away, but we fired everything from .50 cal on down to .177 pellet guns for indoor shooters. My favorite new weapon from the show is the new .308, built by www.nemesisarms.com It's a take-down, briefcase and/or backpack deployable weapon system. A perfect long gun than can be moved easily from vehicle to shooting position in under a minute.

The only new toys I found that I couldn't live without was first a simple design that allows me to place orange clay pigeons on a fence wire, ($1.00) and a new target hit indicator for my young one in target practice.

I'll leave the military to purchase the $100M contracts, I walked away with spending as little as $50.

Several of us smoked fine Cigars, drank shots of Jameson and enjoyed a little relaxation when time allowed.

Over-all, a great show, I'll certainly be there next year.

WD

The Reaper
01-24-2010, 16:33
We're back.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Good times, good food, good friends, good booze.

The Sands Convention Center sucks, big time. The LVCC and OCCC are tremendously better venues, and I never thought I would say that.

TR

Tatonka316
01-24-2010, 18:10
The SHOT Show was one of the most amazing experiences I have had in a long time! It was the first time I attended the show and I will be there EVERY year from now on!!!

Like Wet Dog said, it was so great to put names with faces and to get to know even better some of the amazing people we call FAMILY on ps.com! You have all made me feel so welcome and for that I can never thank you enough but will spend the rest of my life trying!

Thanks to all who attended, and I look forward already to next year's Show!

Gypsy
01-24-2010, 20:00
Welcome home, gents! It was quiet without you.

orion5
01-24-2010, 23:01
Good times, good food, good friends, good booze.

....and good surefires (when main transformers blow)....;)

Thanks for the good times, gentlemen...I don't care what Bill Harsey says about all of you....

NoRoadtrippin
01-25-2010, 11:53
Gentlemen, am I correct in my reading of the show regs that us "regular" .mil guys can't get in on an ID alone? You have to be affiliated with a vendor in some fashion?

I've hit up a few Outdoor Retailer trade shows in the past, but SHOT certainly seems like a step beyond.

wet dog
01-25-2010, 12:04
Gentlemen, am I correct in my reading of the show regs that us "regular" .mil guys can't get in on an ID alone? You have to be affiliated with a vendor in some fashion?

I've hit up a few Outdoor Retailer trade shows in the past, but SHOT certainly seems like a step beyond.

I attended as an exhibitor with a non-profit from Denver. I heard from a 10th Grp visitor that each of the Army attendees laid out some real dough. Funny how the trade venue tries to bleed everyone of cash treats Army like 'red-headed step children'. Army in attendance makes recommendations to unit PBOs, I would think that manufacturers would let them in for free.

WD

69harley
01-25-2010, 12:20
PBOs do not decide what gets purchased and are not even in the decision chain. PBOs are more like accountants, simply counting the beans. The people that should be allowed in for free are the guys in the group force mod office.

wet dog
01-25-2010, 12:33
PBOs do not decide what gets purchased and are not even in the decision chain. PBOs are more like accountants, simply counting the beans. The people that should be allowed in for free are the guys in the group force mod office.

I stand corrected, but nonetheless Army should attend for free, and retirees should get in at a reduced rate. I'm guessing the majority of the show was not LE/Govt. products.

The Reaper
01-25-2010, 21:10
IIRC, LE and Military were $20-30 each.

Who said it was "real dough"?

TR

Peregrino
01-25-2010, 21:14
Not sure where the perceived disconnect is for military attendees. I registered from my .mil account with the credentials from my current job, paid $20.00, and had confirmation and show credentials in hand 12 Dec. The Command (and subordinate SFG(A)s) sent Force Mod representatives TDY for all the right reasons. (Those poor Bastards are still working on their trip reports! That's why I attended on my own dime. :D) Next year I'll probably get Exhibitor creds again; they get you in the door an hour before the general public. ('Course that left me with plenty of time for breakfast while TR was busting hump to get there early.) HTH

mcarey
01-26-2010, 08:48
We had a good time too, despite the rain, leaks in hall and the poorly laid out show. Great to see old friends and make some new ones.

We also got our booth for next year (our first Shot Show as company), tactical section #6008.

Hope to see many of you at Blade.

Also, did any of you feel like walking the show was a trip back to certification / validation??...my feet are just pain free this morning!

HowardCohodas
01-26-2010, 09:37
Unfortunately, I could not be there.

Given my interest in concealed carry, did anyone see S&W's new Bodyguard line. I really like the looks and specs of the Bodyguard 380 as a potential replacement of my LCP. Any thoughts?

Press Release (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smith--wessonr-introduces-new-bodyguardr-line-82045372.html)

Video (http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/SW_Bodyguard_Web-iPhone.mp4)

Brochure (http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/issue2/index.html)

Team Sergeant
01-26-2010, 09:40
Unfortunately, I could not be there.

Given my interest in concealed carry, did anyone see S&W's new Bodyguard line. I really like the looks and specs of the Bodyguard 380 as a potential replacement of my LCP. Any thoughts?

Press Release (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smith--wessonr-introduces-new-bodyguardr-line-82045372.html)

Video (http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/SW_Bodyguard_Web-iPhone.mp4)

Brochure (http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/issue2/index.html)

No, but I did hear that most of the S&W staff was arrested at Shot Show and marched away in hand cuffs......;)

HowardCohodas
01-26-2010, 09:42
No, but I did hear that most of the S&W staff was arrested at Shot Show and marched away in hand cuffs......;)

That settles it. I'm getting one. :cool:

HowardCohodas
01-26-2010, 09:54
Wish this had occurred at Shot :D

Bill Harsey
01-26-2010, 10:25
It was great to meet the members from here and the active duty guys who made it.

The manufacturers do not put on the show as SHOT is it's own organization and we have to play by their rules.

As Peregrino points to, pre-registration is the way to go and the SHOT Show website is up year around.

The venue sucked big time for a number of reasons but was navigable with a little focused effort.

Tatonka316
01-26-2010, 10:47
While I have no basis of comparison as to other venues, the Sands Convention Center and how it organized the various booths was very confusing. I would STILL be looking for Spyderco if not for "The Reaper" coming to my rescue!!!

Still, it was TERRIFIC to get to meet so many at the Show!

Ambush Master
01-30-2010, 10:58
Hope to see many of you at Blade.

Also, did any of you feel like walking the show was a trip back to certification / validation??...my feet are just pain free this morning!

WHAT PAIN!!!!:D

Harsey, you may feel free to comment!!:munchin

Take care.
Martin

wet dog
01-30-2010, 11:10
I took the opportunity to blend sports - hunting and fly-fishing.

I took the flies that Bill Harsey made and casted out in the migrating herd of spectators. On one occasion, I caught four CAG operators swimming by, I reeled them in and they go to meet Tatonka316, (Jeff Falkel), and pick up Chris's book and few Bullet Pens. Then I caught Ted Nugent.

It was only when I landed Tim Kennedy, (the guy has a good punch), but I wrestled him in also. He walked away with a small handful of pens for friends and family.

All the proceeds from our works went to the Warrior Foundation and Freedom Hunters. Good job everyone, and thanks for opening your hearts and wallets.