PDA

View Full Version : Ride2Recovery

Firewolf
12-04-2009, 19:21
Gentlemen,

I’d like to tell you all about an organization that has become very important to me: Ride 2 Recovery. It’s a nonprofit organization that raises money through organized bike rides around the country. The money raised is used to buy bicycles and stationary bikes for wounded warriors in various stages of recovery.

This past October I had the pleasure to join in a ride from the San Francisco VA hospital to the West Los Angeles VA hospital. The seven day, 450 mile ride was an unforgettable experience for myself and many other veterans on the ride. There were about 150 of us riding, a mix of combat wounded veterans and patriotic civilians.

Next week, R2R has a ride organized from McDill AFB in Tampa up to Jacksonville, FL. I’ll be cranking my way up starting the 12th. This isn’t a call to charity as much as it is just throwing a great organization up on your radar. I intend to continue riding for the organization as often as possible. They have rides organized in California, Colorado, Maryland, and Florida.

However, if you did in fact become interested in supporting me or the organization, I’ll gladly PM you with details.

http://www.ride2recovery.com/

glebo
12-05-2009, 08:11
Good deal, if they are ever in the Fayetteville NC area, I'll try and participate.

I haven't gone to thier web yt, so I'll look.

Thanks for the info.

Bob G