PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92FS

dirtyshirt
12-03-2009, 01:14
Okey Dokey...........

I decided to take my Beretta apart,more than just a normal "Field Strip",because it had not been cleaned since whoever had it before me.

By the manual,came apart fine.

Wont reassemble."by the Manual". I have a VERY short temper,and am about to fling this POS in the Frigin trash.

installed the trigger. Installed the hammer. installed the trigger bar.

Now,when I pull the trigger,I have to push the trigger forward to get it set up for the next shot (with the slide off,just the frame).

Anyone know from this weak description what the problemm is?
Thanks guys.

incarcerated
12-03-2009, 01:39
You need one of those highly trained Italian armorers to reassemble your gat.

dirtyshirt
12-03-2009, 01:59
You need one of those highly trained Italian armorers to reassemble your gat.

Damn Near:D

(2 hours later and I figured it out-dont laugh. I know I'm "gifted")

Well fella's,I finally got passed the minor vapor lock of the cranial cavity and figured out I had the front part (barrel-most end) of the trigger spring over the Trigger bar, INSTEAD OF the rear part of the trigger spring.

reversed my spring arm on the trigger bar,works like it should now:)

I really need a job-I have too much time,and sit around doing stupid sh*t like this "just to make sure" all my weapons are clean,or something equally anal.
Sure,it is good to do (especially on this since no one had EVER cleaned it) but it isnt recommended for this, and I now see why.

Thanks all. One more think I know how to do,but dont think I will be doing it again for QUITE awhile. Normal field stripping is good 'nuff:cool:

mojaveman
12-03-2009, 15:49
Hey DS,

How do you like your 92FS? After looking closely at a Glock 17, a SIG P226, a CZ 75, and a few others I decided on the Beretta and bought one new. I've been pretty happy with it. It's going to be awhile before I do a complete tear down though. I know that some people don't like them but I'm content with mine.

The Reaper
12-03-2009, 16:18
Hey DS,

How do you like your 92FS? After looking closely at a Glock 17, a SIG P226, a CZ 75, and a few others I decided on the Beretta and bought one new. I've been pretty happy with it. It's going to be awhile before I do a complete tear down though. I know that some people don't like them but I'm content with mine.

Mo:

Get some snap caps or dummy rounds and mix them in with a mag of live rounds.

Then, while engaging targets, practice your malfunction clearing drills, trying to transition back to shooting as quickly as you can.

Let us know how that works for you.

TR

dirtyshirt
12-03-2009, 16:46
MM,

I like it. I liked the M9,and as a natural progression,opted for thr 92FS. I am not a huge fan of the dis-assembly process tho:D
That being said, i would have to say my favorite handgun would be a Glock .40 M22/23. When I needed it,it worked,after a whole day at the range,w/o cleaning ect. I have always liked Glock. The Beretta was $280 with 2 mags and a box of ammo, as opposed to the Glock,which was $395 with only one clip. Both pistols were used condition.

But,I guess to sum it all up for you,I love the Beretta92FS;it is a reliable weapon,FAIRLY easy to completely break down (dont let my experience sway you,it is not bad at all really-if I can help if you get stuck let me know via PM),and,ammo and spare parts are plentiful and inexspensive,especially if you are in good with your unit amorer;),has plenty of holster options and is fairly easy to carry.

Is it the best carry option/best pistol/best caliber?
I wont get into all that,because you just asked how I like my 92FS. I like it. Alot. Was a good weapon for my money,and you cant go wrong getting one for yourself:)

ps. a good site,which helped me when I was stuck last night is
Beretta92FS.com
gives complete takedown and re-assembly VIDEO instructions,much better than a book.

mojaveman
12-03-2009, 18:50
Mo:

Get some snap caps or dummy rounds and mix them in with a mag of live rounds.

Then, while engaging targets, practice your malfunction clearing drills, trying to transition back to shooting as quickly as you can.

Let us know how that works for you.

TR

Interesting advice TR,

Seriously, I might just try that some time, but other than maybe stopping a home invasion robbery I really don't expect to do much combat shooting with it.

I guess I've been out of the ranks too long and don't know what some of the favorite handguns are among the SOF community.

I'll do some more reading on weapons discussion. With taxes and fees SIGs and H&Ks in Kalifornia are over $1,000.00 which was one reason I went with a 92FS at $600.00

BryanK
12-07-2009, 12:08
I just picked one up as a belated birthday present to myself. I couldn't pass up the pricetag of $425 NIB. I owned one before, and I can bust clay pigeons (stationary) at 100 yards after the initial 2-3 round walk-in consistently. I still prefer the T/C contender 45-70 govt in pistol form. One shot 8 kills :p

Blitzzz (RIP)
12-07-2009, 14:01
I bought one back just before the Army went to them.
I have had other 9s and got riid of them or traded. I have to say the 92 has been one of the most reliable 9s ever and is very unforgiving when comes to ammo. This one shoots any thing I put in it. un like two others I had.
I now have (because of friends) 18 mags and bought a 35 rounder that also has never failed. It's my only 9 now.