PDA

View Full Version : FTC: Future of journalism on Internet?

Warrior-Mentor
12-02-2009, 16:08
My stupid question of the day: "Why?"

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9CAJBQ80&show_article=1

Given the Administrations love of big gov't, what happens when FTC wades into internet control/ownership issues???

REP Waxman scares me:

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE5B14H320091202?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

rltipton
12-24-2009, 06:06
It is probably just a matter of time before Liebowitz and the other obama cronies come up with a way to justify taxing internet use and internet purchases. Perhaps this is their angle.

obama helped out GM...

The gubmint could take over periodicals, TV, and radio to "SAVE" them from economic failure, to "SAVE" those jobs.

The democrats have been talking about taxing the internet for a long time, so the timing sure would fit since taking over the country's business of health care insurance didn't pan out as planned...

"Change" was only 1/2 the word. "Redistributive" is the other half.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but those clowns in DC are just ridiculous. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
:munchin:munchin:munchin

Team Sergeant
12-24-2009, 09:17
It is probably just a matter of time before Liebowitz and the other obama cronies come up with a way to justify taxing internet use and internet purchases. Perhaps this is their angle.

obama helped out GM...

The gubmint could take over periodicals, TV, and radio to "SAVE" them from economic failure, to "SAVE" those jobs.

The democrats have been talking about taxing the internet for a long time, so the timing sure would fit since taking over the country's business of health care insurance didn't pan out as planned...

"Change" was only 1/2 the word. "Redistributive" is the other half.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but those clowns in DC are just ridiculous. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
:munchin:munchin:munchin

Funny how the only media outlets close to the brink of extinction are the extreme left wing ones.......msnbc, nyt's, la times.......

When the gubermet takes control of the "internet" the internet domains will move out of "this" country, just watch......;)