PDA

View Full Version : Interval Training

nytfyter
11-20-2009, 12:24
I have a probably not so much of an original idea of using interval training with respect to ruck marching for getting prepared for selection. I know from personal knowledge that it does increase speed and endurance for running and swimming. My question is, does anyone think that it would work for ruck marching with any real effectiveness?
I did the training today, as an experiment, I used 45lbs(dry) and only did two sets( 10min @ 40%-50% then 10min @ 80%-90%). I understand that maybe I could extend my intensity time to 15min and maintain the 10min of rest. I'm trying to do baby steps here.

:munchin

lksteve
11-20-2009, 13:34
I have a probably not so much of an original idea of using interval training with respect to ruck marching for getting prepared for selection. I know from personal knowledge that it does increase speed and endurance for running and swimming. My question is, does anyone think that it would work for ruck marching with any real effectiveness?
I did the training today, as an experiment, I used 45lbs(dry) and only did two sets( 10min @ 40%-50% then 10min @ 80%-90%). I understand that maybe I could extend my intensity time to 15min and maintain the 10min of rest. I'm trying to do baby steps here.

If you are running with a rucksack on your back, stop...use interval training to increase your running speed....ruck to improve your rucking ability...running with a rucksack isn't very good for your knees and back...speaking from my personal knowledge and experience...

nytfyter
11-20-2009, 14:08
If you are running with a rucksack on your back, stop...use interval training to increase your running speed....ruck to improve your rucking ability...running with a rucksack isn't very good for your knees and back...speaking from my personal knowledge and experience...

Roger that, I maintained a good ruck marching technique as perscribed in information I found on this site.

I you don't mind me asking, what type of workout did you do to get your speed and endurance up?

I appreciate your response in advance.

Kyobanim
11-20-2009, 14:15
Now would be a good time to learn how to use the search button.

Roger that, I maintained a good ruck marching technique as perscribed in information I found on this site.

I you don't mind me asking, what type of workout did you do to get your speed and endurance up?

I appreciate your response in advance.

The Reaper
11-20-2009, 14:36

:munchin

Have you been selected?

I would be hesitant to dispense advice without having actually completed any of the required training.

You might want to avoid starting new threads until you have.

TR

nytfyter
11-20-2009, 14:52
Negative, I am only preparing for selection and I was looking for a smarter way to become faster at rucking and was soliciting advice from the QPs since you all know best for preparation. Fortunately for me, I was advised to utilize the search button. Having done that I found all the information required, at this time I'm moving out and drawing fire.