PDA

View Full Version : Officer Positions

reliks
11-18-2009, 09:44
Hello,

I am on track to commission December 2011. I am curious as to what group positions are available for a 2LT, if any. My ultimate goal is to go 18A. My thought process was that holding a staff position would be advantageous while awaiting eligibility to attend SFAS and SFQC. I may be wrong.

Looking for either an answer, contact information of someone who would know, or/and always 0.02.

Appreciate your time.

The Reaper
11-18-2009, 15:30
Hello,

I am on track to commission December 2011. I am curious as to what group positions are available for a 2LT, if any. My ultimate goal is to go 18A. My thought process was that holding a staff position would be advantageous while awaiting eligibility to attend SFAS and SFQC. I may be wrong.

Looking for either an answer, contact information of someone who would know, or/and always 0.02.

Appreciate your time.

None.

You would be wrong.

More reading, less posting.

Don't put the same post in multiple places.

TR

sleepyhead4
11-19-2009, 05:51
I think this question has already been asked and answered few times. Use the search function.

Being an 18A and a blunt SOB, I will tell you that your thought process is completely wrong on so many levels. First, your focus on becoming an 18A should be a 300m target...no, on second thought, it should be a 500m KD target. Focus on being a good officer in your primary branch first rather than "waiting" for your chance at SFAS. Second, just because you work in an SF Group doesn't mean you're gonna have an advantage. In fact, it'll be the opposite. You will miss out on the professional and tactical development that a combat arms branch will offer.

Follow TR's advice and do some more reading.