PDA

View Full Version : I'm in...

DemoMan
11-17-2009, 12:19
The Plan!

Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says 'I love New York ' in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams........Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)
'I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.'

1) 'The US,UK ,CANADA and AUSTRALIA will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good 'ole' boys', we will never 'interfere' again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting withGermany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are from. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.
4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a 'D' and it's back home baby.

6) The US,UK ,CANADA and AUSTRALIA will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere.' They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?
'The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' '

azmg
11-17-2009, 13:38
I realize this is meant to be funny, but couldn't help but notice how "spot on" these assessments are. I've been wondering for quite some why

1) folks insist on adopting from outside the U.S. when there are perfectly good children here that need a good home?

2) why America is on the brink of financial crisis yet it sends aide to every Tom, Dick and Harry around the globe?

3) Why the needs of the animals outweigh the survival of mankind?

And that's just the short list!

Good post and count me in as well.

Richard
11-17-2009, 13:44
NOT TRUE

Apparently the first e-mail was posted in 2003 and has been altered and circulated since that time - with the Robin Williams attribution being added at some point along the way.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

Richard

mac117
11-17-2009, 13:49
yeah, I've even seen it associated with Bill Cosby......too bad we can't get a President to say it!

dirtyshirt
11-17-2009, 17:19
Hell, I dont care if Timmy from southpark said it, I think it's spot on.

I have had emails saying it was Bill Cosby,and he seems to "Politically correct" to have anything like this come from him.

We NEED someone in politics to adhere to,and implement this tho...might straighten things up right quick:)

Dozer523
11-17-2009, 17:31
NOT TRUE
Apparently the first e-mail was posted in 2003 and has been altered and circulated since that time - with the Robin Williams attribution being added at some point along the way.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.aspRichard
But SOMEBODY wrote it, why didn't they sign it themselves? It's such a great idea! What's that phrase you use?

Paslode
11-17-2009, 17:38
1) folks insist on adopting from outside the U.S. when there are perfectly good children here that need a good home?

In short, there is more red tape and time involved to adopt US kid than there is to adopt a foreign kid, and it might even be cheaper. Also consider that for some Foster Care is a business in similar fashion to nursing homes and Lawyers make money on adoptions......gee I wonder if they lobby for restrictions????

In essence if you want to adopt in the US, first you get approved, then your thrown onto a waiting list (a lottery) and you wait. Where as you can pick a foreign kid out of a catalog so to speak, throw down some loot and come home with them.

It is crime.

longrange1947
11-17-2009, 22:01
Richard, sorry I don't give a s**t who wrote it, I think it is spot on and a great idea. I also think that every dam country that thinks that we are too harsh on their illegals here, that we should adopt their illegal alien policies and see how that one works out, oh yeah and their prison policies. :munchin

Richard
11-17-2009, 22:16
FWIW - the historian in me would like to know who actually wrote the original e-mail. Personally, and it doesn't matter what they are saying, I don't trust or think too much of anyone who won't 'own' their work.

YMMV...and so it goes...;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Speedgod
11-17-2009, 22:51
I agree.

It is time for America to worry about Americans, and screw the rest of the world. We have our own who need our help. I am tired of the illegal immigrants coming across the border. Without them, I am sure our HC would not be so bad as it is now. After all, we all pay a small price for them to see a physician.

SG

Richard
11-18-2009, 06:04
It is time for America to worry about Americans, and screw the rest of the world. We have our own who need our help. I am tired of the illegal immigrants coming across the border. Without them, I am sure our HC would not be so bad as it is now. After all, we all pay a small price for them to see a physician.

Silver Beaver Tail, Kickapoo Medicine Man and tribal oped smoke signaler, circa 1754??? ;)

Slantwire
11-18-2009, 08:26
Well, it's definitely good for an emotional response. If only the world worked as simply as it implies.

1) 'The US,UK ,CANADA and AUSTRALIA will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good 'ole' boys', we will never 'interfere' again.

I read this as complaining about being unappreciated, and withdrawing in a snit. Sorry, but others will complain about any course we take. We have to continue to do the right things regardless. Moral courage.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

Some do want us there, some don't. But we're primarily there for our own strategic interests.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are from. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

Expensive and difficult (how do you find all the illegal aliens? They don't exactly register their locations). Other than that, I can support this idea.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

I'm not against legal immigration or asylum. And if we expel all the illegal immigrants, we may well find that we do need cab drivers, 7-11 cashiers, farm laborers, janitors, maids, kitchen staff, and many other types of workers.

5) No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a 'D' and it's back home baby.

Prepare all universities for major loss. Not too many people, American or otherwise, with a bachelor's degree in hand and ready to finish graduate work by age 21. My MBA graduate wife will be surprised to learn she is / was a bomber. Millions of foreign national graduate students, how many bombers and bombs?

Now, there are "schools" that keep students on their rolls and sign on the USCIS paperwork as long as they get paid every semester, even if the "students" are in another state and never set foot on campus. Crack down on that, absolutely.

6) The US,UK ,CANADA and AUSTRALIA will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

I'm fine with this. We should also go offshore, including that Florida / Cuba field before the Chinese finish draining it.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

If they don't like it, we go someplace else? Where?

They can go somewhere else to sell their production? They already do - Asian demand in particular is skyrocketing. (Chinese and Indian growth mostly, plus Thai, Indonesian, and Vietnamese on a lesser scale.)

High stakes game of chicken. It would be fantastic if it worked. Not so good if it failed.

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere.' They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

Maybe. Or maybe we should insist on delivering it directly ourselves, so the shipments don't get redirected or rebadged. Helping catastrophe victems, done correctly, can satisfy many ethics (Christian charity, anyone?), and build goodwill with the populace (to be leveraged later against their government, for our own interests).

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

Who's to say we don't have them here to spy on them?

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

Forget charm and beauty school. Be ourselves. (Back to "do the right thing regardless of opinion" again.) And try actually reading "The Ugly American" - the ugly one was the best one.

I could go for having English as the national language.

'The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' '

Which part of America made this such a great place, again? An awful lot of patriotic, hard-working, self-reliant Americans wouldn't be here under those rules. Including all those Lodge Act warriors. But I guess we didn't need them, right?

longrange1947
11-18-2009, 10:10
Silver Beaver Tail, Kickapoo Medicine Man and tribal oped smoke signaler, circa 1754??? ;)

SEE!!!! That is what illegal immegration will get you. If only we would look at history. :munchin

They welcomed teh first ones only to be over whelmed by the beggers.

dennisw
11-18-2009, 10:27
I'm not against legal immigration or asylum. And if we expel all the illegal immigrants, we may well find that we do need cab drivers, 7-11 cashiers, farm laborers, janitors, maids, kitchen staff, and many other types of workers.

Bulls***. Do remember the day without a mexican? It was pretty nice. Somehow I think we can survive not having a bunch of illegals running around. I know it's scary, but I think we'll be able to find a way to make up for their significant contribution. Perhaps, pay a decent or fair rate for labor. Just a thought.

Prepare all universities for major loss. Not too many people, American or otherwise, with a bachelor's degree in hand and ready to finish graduate work by age 21. My MBA graduate wife will be surprised to learn she is / was a bomber. Millions of foreign national graduate students, how many bombers and bombs?

I'm not sure where you have been lately, but colleges and universities, especially here in California are cutting back on enrollment on everyone. Also, the post was not talking about cutting back on Americans who are older than 21, just foreigners. By the way, check out the endowment funds of some of our colleges and universities: Harvard $27 billion; Yale $18 billion http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/22/pf/college/richest_endowment_funds/index.htm

I do not see these colleges suffering much. Oh God, I would hate to see some of these liberal professors have to become cab drivers, 7-11 cashiers, farm laborers, janitors, maids, kitchen staff, etc. Hey wait a minute, perhaps we can solve two problems at once.:D

Who's to say we don't have them here to spy on them?

I love your optimism, but why did it take so long to discover the oil for food fiasco if we're successfully spying on these folks?

I think the beauty school think is a joke. I believe the author was being facetious.

Which part of America made this such a great place, again? An awful lot of patriotic, hard-working, self-reliant Americans wouldn't be here under those rules. Including all those Lodge Act warriors. But I guess we didn't need them, right?

I don't believe anyone is saying, no immigration. The author is simply saying, don't come here and fly a mexican flag or celebrate some come-fuk-me-non-American holiday, or we may need to get the bat out and chase your behind back to the old country.

Richard
11-18-2009, 12:42
Bulls***. Do remember the day without a mexican? It was pretty nice.

I am only 59, but was born and raised in the great central valleys of Northern California. There were always Mexicans there - way before my ancestors moved there - as well as Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, and the like while I was growing up there. My mother's side of the family were Scots who came in through Nova Scotia and settled in California before statehood when it was a Republic of Mexico. They're all long dead but - according to their journals - there were lots of Mexicans around the area. I don't know how old you are - but you claim to live in California and I don't think you're several hundreds of years old - which is what you would have to be to have truthfully made such a statement. :confused:

My father came to California from Texas when he was five. My great-great grandfather settled in Texas when it, too, was a Republic and there were many more Mexicans there at that time than others coming to settle the area. Still are a lot of Mexicans here in Texas - most are citizens, some are not.

The author is simply saying, don't come here and fly a mexican flag or celebrate some come-fuk-me-non-American holiday, or we may need to get the bat out and chase your behind back to the old country.

My ancestors were all Scots, and my father's side of the family migrated to America in 1650 through Middle Plantation, MD. I fly the Flag of St. Andrew and celebrate Guy Fawkes Day (a non-American holiday of a hero to non-Brits for attempting to blow up the Protestant Parliament in 1605) - and would invite any who are feeling the need to test their mortality to go ahead and get the bat out and come try and chase me and my family's behind(s) back to the old country.

And that's all this author is simply saying. :mad:

Richard

ZonieDiver
11-18-2009, 12:49
But SOMEBODY wrote it, why didn't they sign it themselves? It's such a great idea! What's that phrase you use?

Heck, I thought YOU wrote it. :D

I am always cautious about subscribing to beliefs that circulate the internet and take a very simplistic view of very complicated issues.

Slantwire
11-18-2009, 14:14
Bulls***. Do remember the day without a mexican? It was pretty nice. Somehow I think we can survive not having a bunch of illegals running around. I know it's scary, but I think we'll be able to find a way to make up for their significant contribution. Perhaps, pay a decent or fair rate for labor. Just a thought.

I said I agree with getting illegal immigrants out of country. And I said that if they somehow were all expelled, that we'd have plenty of vacant jobs to fill. What I failed to spell out was that those jobs would then be filled by Americans and legal immigrants.

Be prepared for a significant cost of living increase if all those jobs start paying a decent wage. I think most here would agree that it would be worthwhile, but it is something to bear in mind.

Also, the post was not talking about cutting back on Americans who are older than 21, just foreigners.

And I was talking about foreigners here for graduate school. They're probably over 21. My own RFL (to steal a term from another poster) was once such a person. And if the original post was correct, that means she was a bomber, which would be news to her. And me.

By the way, check out the endowment funds of some of our colleges and universities: Harvard $27 billion; Yale $18 billion http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/22/pf/college/richest_endowment_funds/index.htm

I do not see these colleges suffering much. Oh God, I would hate to see some of these liberal professors have to become cab drivers, 7-11 cashiers, farm laborers, janitors, maids, kitchen staff, etc. Hey wait a minute, perhaps we can solve two problems at once.:D

First off, this is tangential to the original point. Yes, universities would lose a major revenue source if they lost all foreign students. No, that's not a sufficient reason to continue allowing foreign students. Nor is it sufficient reason to continue allowing legal foreign students. The sufficient reason for continuing to allow legal foreign students is that it's the right thing to do. (National immigration policy should not be dictated by college finances.)

Secondly, you don't seriously consider the endowments of Harvard and Yale to be typical for American colleges, do you?

I love your optimism, but why did it take so long to discover the oil for food fiasco if we're successfully spying on these folks?

Oil-for-food, or any other such intel that might be gleaned from the UN HQ. It takes so long, in an American city, surrounded by American people (any of whom could be a spy) and American buildings and companies (and of which could be involved in spying). Would we even get intel at all, in a less-permissive environment?

Wouldn't it be easier for non-American spies to spy on us, in a foreign city?

I think the beauty school think is a joke. I believe the author was being facetious.

I agree. But it contributes to a pattern of emotional statements based on incomplete knowledge.

I don't believe anyone is saying, no immigration.

Original post said:

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! [...] Asylum would never be available to anyone.

How thorough? Like a SSBI? It's a good thing those are so quick.