PDA

View Full Version : To All Of Those In Uniform.

Longstreet
11-11-2009, 05:26
Today is Remembrance Day in Canada and I would llike to say to all of those people who served in past, present and future wars, thank-you so much for your sacrifices. And this is not limited to just Canadian soldiers, but to all Allied personel. Whether you be British, American, Australian, or any other Allied country, I owe all of you a debt of gratitude for you have made my land a free one and it would definately not be the same without your efforts. Thank you once again and have a great day as this is your day.

And if you get the chance, check out this video which I think sums up Remembrance Day perfectly. I warn you though, it may bring a tear to you eye. It always does with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlrrAWCTRg

Lest We Forgot.

kimberly
11-11-2009, 08:45
Amen.

The Reaper
11-11-2009, 10:04
It was once Armistice Day here, after the War to End All Wars.

Eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month. All shooting stopped.

Thank you, brothers. Rest easy.

TR

Longstreet
11-11-2009, 10:19
It was once Armistice Day here, after the War to End All Wars.

Eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month. All shooting stopped.

That is what we honour. We had a minute of silence (two minutes is tough with young children) and then I played my pipes for the school to show my respect. I had to fight back the tears when doing so - Amazing Grace always has that effect on me.

Once again to all of those in Uniform from the past present and future, thank you.

Lest we forgot.

Mr_PreScuba
11-11-2009, 10:22
Thank all of you for your sacrifices... for your time, actions, deeds, and for some, the ultimate sacrifice... so that the rest of us can still savor the freedoms that most take for granted... to do what we want... with limited restrictions... without oppression.

Again... Thank You!

Gypsy
11-11-2009, 18:17
May God bless our Veterans, we owe a great debt to you.

Happy Remebrance Day to all in Canada.

ZonieDiver
11-11-2009, 18:51
I went to the Phoenix Veterans' Day parade today. I had a hard time finding place to park along the #+ mile route. It was hard to find a spot along the curb an hour before the parade came by. The parade lasted an hour and a half. I had my hand shaken 20+ times. I heard "Thank you for your service" more times than I can count. I met some great vets of WWII, Korea, VietNam, and...well, just Vets.

There is hope for the USA. Trust in that.

hypereclipse21
11-11-2009, 21:17
I would just like to echo what others have already said. Thank you all for your service to our country. You make me proud to be an American.

Susa
11-11-2009, 21:26
Thank You for all that you have given...

incarcerated
11-12-2009, 00:10
Thank you all.
The nation owes you a debt of thanks that it cannot repay.

6.8SPC_DUMP
11-12-2009, 06:07
May we rally strong around America's bravest (and their allies) who have returned home from service.

May the civilian benefactors never lose sight of the magnitude to which our Nation's bravest have impacted their lives.

May our children imbibe the spirit of protecting their fellow Americans and the Constitution.

May the heroes among us never forget what makes them heroes.

May those among us who are not heroes, seek guidance from their example, so to march onward in their shadow.

Dozer523
11-12-2009, 06:40
Little Dude and I were marching with the Cub Scouts. The Den Chief taught them about proper respect for the Colors during a parade. So, we're waiting to fall in to the flow -- we're watching the front of the parade go by. Here comes the Honor Guard. LD and his den friends come to attention and render the appropriate two finger salute. Finish and go back to being boys. Another color guard arrives . . . come to attention and the two finger salute . . . back to collecting candy thrown by the marchers and from the floats. Another and another and another. . .
I say to LD, "There sure are a lot of flags to salute, huh?"
Sez he, "Yeah. Great huh?"
It's good to be a Dad.

PedOncoDoc
11-12-2009, 10:34
Little Dude and I were marching with the Cub Scouts. The Den Chief taught them about proper respect for the Colors during a parade. So, we're waiting to fall in to the flow -- we're watching the front of the parade go by. Here comes the Honor Guard. LD and his den friends come to attention and render the appropriate two finger salute. Finish and go back to being boys. Another color guard arrives . . . come to attention and the two finger salute . . . back to collecting candy thrown by the marchers and from the floats. Another and another and another. . .
It's good to be a Dad.

There's nothing like it. I love hearing others' stories showing the products of their nonstop effort to raise their children to be strong and just. If my son sees someone wearing a hat identifying them as a veteran he checks with me prior to running over and saying, "Thank you for your service, sir/ma'am" He gives them a big smile and, on occasion, a hug before coming back to me feeling glad for having made someone's day.

greenberetTFS
11-12-2009, 12:44
It's good to be a Dad.

Should be proud of little dude...................;)

Big Teddy :munchin

mojaveman
11-12-2009, 13:37
When I was a very young man in uniform I kind of just took the whole experience for granted. I didn't realize how important our commitment was to preserving liberty in the free World. Being older and a little more enlightened has given me a better world view. I'm proud that I served as any veteran should be.