PDA

View Full Version : Justice Dept. Asked For News Site's Visitor Lists

BMT (RIP)
11-10-2009, 07:45
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/09/taking_liberties/entry5595506.shtml?tag=mncol;txt

BMT

BigJimCalhoun
11-10-2009, 21:45
I wonder how many sites I frequent that have provided information to the government about me.

Fiercely Loyal
11-10-2009, 22:13
I wonder how many sites I frequent that have provided information to the government about me.

O well. Once they proclaim all vets are potential domestic terror threats (oops already happened) they will surely start looking to forums such as this. Screw it. Big brother if you are reading this, you are watching the wrong people.

Goggles Pizano
11-11-2009, 09:15
Morrison replied in a one-sentence letter saying the subpoena had been withdrawn. Around the same time, according to the EFF, the group had a series of discussions with assistant U.S. attorneys in Morrison's office who threatened Clair with possible prosecution for obstruction of justice if she disclosed the existence of the already-withdrawn subpoena -- claiming it "may endanger someone's health" and would have a "human cost."

Oh? And nobody in the Justice Department recognizes a threat when they issue one? When did union thuggery transform into investigative procedures? :mad:
If I was not on the "list" I am certain I will be with this post.

kimberly
11-11-2009, 09:58
And we thought we had freedom of speech. Sheesh.:confused::eek::mad:

greenberetTFS
11-11-2009, 12:24
I can't believe this $**t,I wouldn't be surprised if we were being monitored......:(

Big Teddy :munchin