PDA

View Full Version : Question on Foot Care

2VP
07-19-2004, 23:35
I read in another post that proper foot care includes squared off toe nails. While this is news to me I do believe the poster but I'm curious as to why it is proper to have square toe nails. Thank you.

TF Kilo
07-20-2004, 02:28
"squaring" off your toenails ensures that the edges are outside of the skin on your toes, preventing ingrown toenails and the nasty festering results. Squared off isn't as important as much as just making sure you don't cut too far into the edges.

Just ensure that your left and right edges of your toenails are not occluded by your toe when looking directly down. If you see skin before the edges you're going to be wrong, eventually they'll grow into your skin, and I'll be there with a pair of pliers, silver nitrate and a big smile.

2VP
07-20-2004, 05:49
Thank you. Its weird that I have (thankfully) never had ingrown nails despite cutting them half moon style.

Solid
07-20-2004, 07:34
Some people can get away with crescent-cutting. My shiropodist told me that sometimes (but rarely) it is better to cut the nail crescent-shape, dependent on the person.

Solid

Razor
07-30-2004, 19:36
I always rounded off the edges of my toenails, and never had a problem. Then again, I kept them trimmed so they never had a chance to become ingrown in the first place.

Team Sergeant
07-30-2004, 20:42
Originally posted by Solid
My shiropodist told me that sometimes (but rarely) it is better to cut the nail crescent-shape, dependent on the person.

"My shiropodist???"

Solid, you're really on my watch list now.

Team Sergeant

Solid
07-31-2004, 01:23
Magician told me to go once to sort out my retarded big toe nails. I asked questions and made the most of the appointment.

They painted them red IN MY SLEEP. It was NOT my fault.

It was a nice red, at least.

:D

Solid

The Reaper
07-31-2004, 08:08
Originally posted by Solid
Magician told me to go once to sort out my retarded big toe nails. I asked questions and made the most of the appointment.

It was a nice red, at least.

:D

Solid

That's it.

You are a source of contamination for the rest of the guerilla force.

Pack your ruck and move out smartly to a one-man OP/LP 200 meters outside the guerilla base camp. Report in twice daily.

That is all.

TR

Solid
07-31-2004, 11:33
:D No one picked up on the significance of the color of toe nails. I hear Che liked them in Red, too.

NDD?

Solid

AngelsSix
07-31-2004, 16:20
Posted by Solid:

I did that to a SEAL once......he woke the whole barracks up when he woke up. Myself and one of the other female riggers went in after he passed out in his room and put some of the purtiest red on his feet......