PDA

View Full Version : Former Russian soldiers ready to take on Blackwater in Iraq

HowardCohodas
10-30-2009, 17:01
Former Russian soldiers ready to take on Blackwater in Iraq (http://rt.com/Best_Videos/2009-10-06/russian-soldiers-blackwater-iraq.html#)

What do you professionals make of this? :confused:

Utah Bob
10-30-2009, 17:11
Yeah. That'll work. :rolleyes:

wet dog
10-30-2009, 17:37
Knuckle Draggers by any other name are still Knuckle Draggers.

SF0
10-30-2009, 18:35
I wonder if that intense training has a BHR... basic hatchet refresher course. :)

Utah Bob
10-30-2009, 18:53
It'd have to be BYOB.
'Course they've done that before.:D

Basenshukai
10-31-2009, 06:49
Of course, Russian SOF is well known for their balanced application of combat power and their tremendous ability in UW. NOT!

Like anything else, there will certainly be some "studs" in the organization. And, as long as their numbers remain very small - resulting from careful selection - they will be able to hand-pick the proper attributes. But, as the organization/business gets bigger, and they start admitting less-qualified and less-trained individuals, they will not only exceed their span of control but will also find themselves occasionally involved in less-than-desired incidents.

Richard
10-31-2009, 07:03
Wonder how the older crowd amongst that world's populations who fought against the Soviets and remember them and their ways will look at this one. :confused:

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Dozer523
10-31-2009, 07:50
Wonder how the older crowd amongst that world's populations who fought against the Soviets and remember them and their ways will look at this one. :confused:

Richard's $.02 :munchin Speznatz? really? No sh!t!!?!.
I watched the pole dancing and the sissy reporter on the auto-rotating helicopter-like thing. "I'm gonna die . . . I'm gonna die." hilarious!:D

Utah Bob
10-31-2009, 08:52
Of course, Russian SOF is well known for their balanced application of combat power and their tremendous ability in UW. NOT!

Like anything else, there will certainly be some "studs" in the organization. And, as long as their numbers remain very small - resulting from careful selection - they will be able to hand-pick the proper attributes. But, as the organization/business gets bigger, and they start admitting less-qualified and less-trained individuals, they will not only exceed their span of control but will also find themselves occasionally involved in less-than-desired incidents.

...again!

Utah Bob
10-31-2009, 08:53

Yup, that should get 'em fired up. Those people have very long memories.

Of course it could be a clever ploy to reduce the Taliban troop strength in Afghanistan. They'll flood in to Iraq to take out the BW Russkies.
If I was an ex-Russinan GI I'd sit down and have a long talk with some old Soviet vets before I put my toe in those waters.:munchin

wet dog
10-31-2009, 12:35

Can't think of a better recipe to start a resistance movement.

Peregrino
10-31-2009, 20:49
I'm with Dozer. The pole dancing competition was something else, especially when one contestant's gyrations were strenuous enough to "bring the house down" (break the pole :D).