PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Loss question

gettingthere
10-24-2009, 14:23
Hi all, I have used the search button extensively, and couldnt find specifics. Here is my situation. I have Tinnitus and high frequency hearing loss from a couple of deployments with regular Army. I recently got selected and will attend the "Q" soon. I passed my SFAS physical for hearing. (luckly for me my ears werent ringing at the time) Since then the ringing came back. I took another hearing test. I compared the scores with AR 40-501, as well as the recruiter QC checklist for the SFAS Physical. I am at the very limit in the high freq categories. ie 55@4000 and 55@6000. So I am still within the limit. Now my medpros says I am amber in the hearing category saying the profile is not done. I have been told that there are waivers if needed, however according to regulation and the recruiter checklist I shouldnt need one. As I read it, waivers are left to the specific component. So basically what I am asking is if this is going to be a issue? Are there waivers? Has anyone here had a hearing waiver already? I imagine it would be almost common due to the IEDs and gunfire experienced in combat over time. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

LongWire
10-24-2009, 14:52
What????

Seriously Im sure since you used the search feature that you saw we were talking about this here, with the last post being...........Today????

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12028

I'm sure that you would be able to get a waiver................

But of course you could by all means though raise your hand at every opportunity to tank yourself in the Q Course............

The Reaper
10-24-2009, 14:56
More reading and searching, less posting.

TR