PDA

View Full Version : The Terminator terminates Internet Ammo Sales

Paslode
10-12-2009, 19:30
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5171

California: Governor Takes Action on Two Anti-Gun Bills in Sacramento

Monday, October 12, 2009

This weekend, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) vetoed Senate Bill 585 but signed Assembly Bill 962 into law.

SB585 would have prohibited the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace in Daly City, just outside of San Francisco. Simply put, SB585 was a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

Unfortunately, the Governor did sign AB962. This bill requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale, mandates that dealers keep these records and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. Ammunition retailers would also have to store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. Finally, mail order ammunition sales are prohibited under AB962. Over twenty years ago, Congress abolished similar requirements because ammunition sales records were found to be useless for solving crimes. AB962 is a dire threat to our Second Amendment rights in the Golden State.

Thank you to all of the NRA members who answered the call in opposition to SB585.

Please contact Governor Schwarzenegger TODAY and respectfully voice your disapproval with his signing of AB962. The Governor can be reached by phone at 916-445-2841 or via fax at 916-558-3160. To email Governor Schwarzenegger, please visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact.

Roguish Lawyer
10-12-2009, 19:54
Wow, that is freakin BRUTAL! And I contributed to his campaign . . . NEVER AGAIN!

Roguish Lawyer
10-12-2009, 20:05
Doesn't take effect until July 2010, so it is TIME TO STOCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roguish Lawyer
10-12-2009, 20:06
What do you think of the chances of challening this in court? Not just the 2nd amendment but I believe the commerace act states that one state can not restrict you from buying in another state ie they can not stop sales across state lines. I always thought this would be a good one to pull on state assault weapon bans. It would be intresting to hear a pro's opinion on this.

I think there is a strong dormant commerce clause argument to be made.

PSM
10-12-2009, 21:09
They always forget that this is a narrow state. There will be ammo stands set up at the border like fireworks stands.

When RVing we make a point of buying ammo at out-of-state WalMarts. I've had an impossible time finding .45 ACP, though. I've been ordering it online.

Pat

Defender968
10-16-2009, 08:46
This bill requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale

HOLY 4th amendment violation Batman! Really fingerprinted to buy ammo? Yea that's not an unreasonable search, what's next give a blood/urine sample to buy beer :rolleyes: Wonder how long it will take to get to the SCOTUS.

Penn
10-16-2009, 10:18
If it were to pas the SSCOCA, then I think the 9th District Appellant Court would knock this down.

Fenian0311
10-21-2009, 21:54
can you say goodbye to the constitution in california? Thank GOD all my guns were bought and are stored in my home state of Texas. Had a guy who works at the armory tell me, "oh it's easy, even if your weapon is not cali legal like a pistol with a high capacity magazine, all u gotta do is explain your military living here and get it registered".

i'll be cold and dead in the ground before I have any state or federal goverment knowing what I have as my personal arsenal. Texans don't want much. We want our GUNS, we want LOW taxes, and we want you to STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS. Thank God Texas gun law is the way it is :)

~Fenian

Maytime
10-21-2009, 22:06
As I understand it, this doesn't apply to private party sales, so what if someone in CA advertised ammo online on say, a forum? Would they be forced to do a FTF transaction? Seems like there may be a few ways to legally sidestep this issue.

mojaveman
10-21-2009, 22:13
As a firearm owning Californian it bums me out somewhat. I'm a little dissapointed with the California Rifle and Pistol Association, but what the heck, I can always make a short drive to Arizona and pick up some ammo. I also have enough rounds on hand to hold off the Mongolian horde.

wet dog
10-21-2009, 23:05
...I start suppling my brothers west of the Rocky Mountains with a re-supply bundle. Look for a Silver F350 heading west with Wyoming mud flaps.

First stop is Reno, NV

wet dog
10-21-2009, 23:46
My understanding is that no private party sales are allowed. You can not give etc ammo from citizen to citizen.

Who said anything about giving?

I will leave box at location "X", while you leave box and location "Y".

I need more canned foods, especially vegatbles from the great California Delta, number 1 food producing region in the world!

Team Sergeant
10-22-2009, 09:39
They always forget that this is a narrow state. There will be ammo stands set up at the border like fireworks stands.
When RVing we make a point of buying ammo at out-of-state WalMarts. I've had an impossible time finding .45 ACP, though. I've been ordering it online.

Pat

Good idea, if this passes I'll purchase one of those big RV's and pull my "Ammo" trailer up to the border....:D

Blitzzz (RIP)
11-29-2009, 11:21
I guess California continues to drift left.
Signed into law the stipulation tha anyone buying ammo will have to provide an electronic fingerprint.
Should start Feb. 2010.

My big question is "Why must the law abiding citizen have to struggle with their "representatives" to protect their rights. All of the Republics representatives have all sworn to Uphold and defend the constitution.The citizens must needs to flood the California legislature to stop this insanity.
The ruse is that this will stop felons from acquiring ammo.

We know that when this Data base is formed, "They" will then know at least what calibers of gun the local citizens own.

What a stupid and unthought out reasoning. Nothing will stop felons from paying some wineos from making the purchases for them. NOTHING FIXED> Just another chipping away of the second amendment.

I suggest We sell California back to the Mexicans and that would make the illegal alien problem diminish in California and remove the California legislature from influencing and establishing presidence for gun controls in the remainder of the US. Blitzzz

Team Sergeant
11-29-2009, 11:41
I suggest We sell California back to the Mexicans and that would make the illegal alien problem diminish in California and remove the California legislature from influencing and establishing presidence for gun controls in the remainder of the US. Blitzzz

The Mexicans are not that stupid, they are fully aware nancy pelosi lives there.

But I like that idea!

BigJimCalhoun
01-18-2011, 22:08
breaking news....

Law determined to be invalid/unconstitutional.
http://michellawyers.com/nra-crpaf-lawsuit-ivalidates-ab-962/

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2011/01/18/CaliforniaAmmoLawIsInvalidated.aspx

mojaveman
01-18-2011, 22:47
You know, it's kinda funny.

Many people don't keep up with what the anti 2nd Ammendment crowd are trying to do until the bill has already gone through the legislature and they are now looking at a 'new law'.

I was in a firearms store the other day and there were plenty of people bitching about the new law regarding handgun ammunition sales and how they didn't know about it until then.

There are millions of firearm owners in California and very few are actually members of either the NRA or the CRPA.

All of you California gun owners out there - join both!

incarcerated
01-18-2011, 22:51
breaking news....

Law determined to be invalid/unconstitutional.
http://michellawyers.com/nra-crpaf-lawsuit-ivalidates-ab-962/

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2011/01/18/CaliforniaAmmoLawIsInvalidated.aspx

Outstanding.
Who knew that there was one rational judge left in California. I’ll bet he had his car keyed this afternoon.
:D:lifter:D