PDA

View Full Version : ‘Grateful Nation’ Debuts Tomorrow on ESPN2

Team Sergeant
10-02-2009, 12:45
Special Forces Sergeant First Class Greg Stube going hunting!!! Good story.

TS

‘Grateful Nation’ Debuts Tomorrow on ESPN2by J.R. Head

On Saturday, October 3rd, a fantastic new show premieres on ESPN2.

“Grateful Nation is a unique and compelling outdoor adventure series that goes behind the scenes and into the field with American Veterans. Hosted by Airborne Ranger Tim Abell, this original unscripted program takes viewers inside the minds of wounded combat veterans and returns them to their traditional American hunting heritage.

Tim’s innovative interviewing strategy together with stunning HD videography launches Grateful Nation into a unique category that captures a whole new audience of sportsmen and patriots.”

The first episode of “Grateful Nation” follows actor and Army Veteran Tim Abell and Army Sergeant First Class Greg Stube on the hunt of a lifetime.

I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with SFC Greg Stube via telephone and was immediately struck by his eloquence. Greg has the unusual ability to talk about enormous concepts on a very small and personal level. I sometimes find it difficult to speak clearly about the ideas of duty and sacrifice. SFC Stube speaks of such things with deep understanding and with perfect clarity. He learned first hand and up close what these concepts are all about.
From his bio:

In September of 2006, SFC Stube was very seriously wounded during Operation Medusa in Afghanistan.

On a hill called Sperwan Ghar, in southwest Afghanistan, Stube and fellow Special Forces team members were involved in a massive attack by enemy Taliban forces that had dug in, waiting for a fight. As his fighting vehicle moved up the hill, days after the fighting had begun; it was hit by an IED – seriously wounding Stube. Focusing on his wounds and pulling from his Special Forces medical training, Stube guided other SF A-team members in combat trauma care until he was moved out of danger. His awards include the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart. Currently assigned to the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs Office, Stube continues to serve within his capabilities to promote awareness of the commitment and sacrifice of American service members and their families. In a program called “Service Beyond Sacrifice,” Stube endeavors to relate to Americans about why service to our country is not only important, but worth sacrificing for.

I’ve known the host of “Grateful Nation,” Tim Abell, for a few years. He is a veteran, an accomplished actor and an avid outdoorsman who shares a deep appreciation for the men and women who serve our country. I’m proud to call him my friend. He agreed to answer some questions about the show.

“Grateful Nation” premieres on Saturday morning, October 3rd at 7:30 AM EST. Set your TiVo, now.

Semper fi,

J.R. Head

Continued:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jrhead/2009/10/02/grateful-nation-debuts-tomorrow-on-espn2/

Gypsy
10-02-2009, 17:14
Sounds excellent, thanks for the heads up.

Utah Bob
10-02-2009, 18:14
Outstanding!

wet dog
10-02-2009, 18:37
It should be good.

Utah Bob, when is your next shoot?

TrapLine
10-03-2009, 08:32
Thanks for the heads up, Team Sergeant. It is not too often you see someone take an unsupported standing shot at a moving animal on the outdoors shows, then again it is not too often the hunter is a former Special Forces soldier. It was great to see him recognized for his service and sacrifice. With all due respect, I have one correction for SFC Stube - he is a HERO!