PDA

View Full Version : RFI foreign weapons

Marina
09-30-2009, 19:26
This is a request for referral to somewhere I could find more info. I'm not a weapons expert or military. I am USG civilian working overseas law enforcement capacity building programs. Need to procure foreign weapons for foreign LE training. That is so we can train them on what they can sustain and maintain. Train SWAT type teams, VIP protection, other police procedures that may deal with terrorism. Train on 9mm pistol, 9mm SMG, and 5.56mm and 7.62mm carbine, or similar.

Need to buy foreign weapons in countries in regions such as trans-Saharan Africa, central and south Asia. Cost / availability of ammunition is an issue. Minimal cost will strengthen efforts to build capacity for in-service training.

Ideas welcome.

SF-TX
09-30-2009, 19:34
Ideas welcome.

Adhere to the posting rules of this website.

7624U
10-01-2009, 08:02
This is a request for referral to somewhere I could find more info. I'm not a weapons expert or military. I am USG civilian working overseas law enforcement capacity building programs. Need to procure foreign weapons for foreign LE training. That is so we can train them on what they can sustain and maintain. Train SWAT type teams, VIP protection, other police procedures that may deal with terrorism. Train on 9mm pistol, 9mm SMG, and 5.56mm and 7.62mm carbine, or similar.

Need to buy foreign weapons in countries in regions such as trans-Saharan Africa, central and south Asia. Cost / availability of ammunition is an issue. Minimal cost will strengthen efforts to build capacity for in-service training.

Ideas welcome.

Your a smart guy. Ask local law enforcement where people buy weapons, Bring local money to area buy the weapons. Import ammo threw govt. IE embassy.

JJ_BPK
10-01-2009, 09:11
Are we talking Phishing??

The Reaper
10-01-2009, 15:14

Ideas welcome.

Talk to the DoS at the AmEmbassy.

We are not going to get into how to buy guns internationally here.

If you are looking for technical info on weapons, that is a different matter.

TR

Marina
10-02-2009, 16:58
OK, thanks for responses. Sounds like this is not the right forum for referrals on this issue. Will continue research through other channels.