PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret Magazines ?

Novice Snowflake
09-27-2009, 13:32
Does anyone remember the Green Beret Magazine that started in the mid 1960's ?

The reason I remember those magazines is because someone gave me the magazines mostly from 1968 to 1970.

f50lrrp
09-27-2009, 16:48
Yes, i remember them.

Richard
09-27-2009, 17:29
Does anyone remember the Green Beret Magazine that started in the mid 1960's ?

The reason I remember those magazines is because someone gave me the magazines mostly from 1968 to 1970.

Do you know where you are and to whom you've asked that question? :confused:

What's your point HWYNAS?

You need to work on your situational awareness (SA) before you embarrass yourself.

Richard

Novice Snowflake
09-27-2009, 18:20
It was supposed to be three sentences. I thought I had posted that.

The last part was that I am working on scanning some of the magazines in pdf if some of you guys would enjoy that. A blast from the past and where SF stands today as it is. :)

Richard
09-27-2009, 19:27
That makes more sense - thanks. ;)

Richard

SF_BHT
09-27-2009, 22:04
FYI

They were from 1966-1970 and were monthly's

If you have all from 68-70 that is not a bad collection.

wet dog
09-27-2009, 22:07
the short lived mag called Gung Ho? circa 1982-???

dirtyshirt
09-27-2009, 22:26
Wet Dog...

I remember "Gung Ho". Was kinda like the underdog "Soldier of Fortune".

Do you remember "Eagle" Magazine,which was out about the same time period?

Yes,I am old:)

Novice Snowflake
09-27-2009, 23:30
FYI

They were from 1966-1970 and were monthly's

If you have all from 68-70 that is not a bad collection.

No, not all of them. Five from 1968 three from 1969 and one from 1970.

Scimitar
09-28-2009, 01:05
It was supposed to be three sentences. I thought I had posted that.

The last part was that I am working on scanning some of the magazines in pdf if some of you guys would enjoy that. A blast from the past and where SF stands today as it is. :)

Copyright...?

S

Richard
09-28-2009, 04:55
Copyright...?

Shouldn't be if they're the originals published by then 5th SFG PAO - might be a consideration if they're the copies put out by Steve Sherman at Radix Press.

A monthly magazine produced in Vietnam by 5th Special Forces Group (Abn). All 52 issues have been carefully reprinted on glossy paper stock and bound in five paper-bound volumes representing the years of publication (1966-1970). There is a detailed index as well as a list of SF losses listed alphabetically and chronologically in Volume 1 (1966). A hard-bound collectors edition, in two volumes, is also available.

http://specialforcesbooks.com/Welcome.htm

Richard

Novice Snowflake
09-28-2009, 09:34
I have the orginials but since someone else is re-printing the magazines.

Probably best to not upload the few magazines I have.

It is amazing what one can find on the internet these days.

greenberetTFS
09-28-2009, 09:51
Anyone remember the "Decader" before it became the Drop? :)The paper sheets were like newspaper quality and the only coloring I recall was the green print on the front cover!!!! ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Scimitar
09-28-2009, 09:51
Thanks Richard!

S

LongWire
09-28-2009, 10:10
I have the orginials but since someone else is re-printing the magazines.

Probably best to not upload the few magazines I have.

It is amazing what one can find on the internet these days.

Okay, thanks for nothing then.....Why exactly are you here again???

How old are you anyways..........the internet these days? You are truly knowledgeable beyond your years....Yeah Not!!!!!

You should really decide about joining or not and then getting on with your life.

At any rate the airsofters are missing you at the Blackhawk Down reenactment!!!!

Novice Snowflake
09-28-2009, 10:15
You should really decide about joining or not and then getting on with your life.

Take it easy, I am in college and I have plans to join the army as soon I can.

LongWire
09-28-2009, 10:25

Once again, You need to read more and post less........Nuff Said.

Team Sergeant
09-28-2009, 13:06

"Take it easy" is how you answer a Special Forces soldier?

You're done posting for a month.

It will give you time to think.

Do not attempt to test my resolve.

Longwire will be picking a new screen name for you shortly.

Team Sergeant

wet dog
09-28-2009, 14:17
I like the line, "Take it easy". I like it even better when a fellow team member is handing me a cold beverage. I like it when my baby says it when I get home after a long day at work.

TS you crack me up sometimes, good job. I'll be thinking of a 'new name' as well.

wet dog
09-28-2009, 14:22
Synonyms: Lilliputian, bush-league, dainty, insignificant, lesser, mini, miniature, minor, minor-league, neat, petite. Don't like that.

Let's find a word, or phrase more suited: Fig. young and inexperienced, (e.g., John's too young to take on a job like this!) for example.

WD

swpa19
09-28-2009, 15:45
Anyone remember the "Decader" before it became the Drop?

TEDDY:

That was in the late 60s thru the 70s I believe. When the SFA was known as the Decade Club. About this same time frame VERITAS was an 8X10" magazine with pin up girls in it.

LongWire
09-28-2009, 16:54
Synonyms: Lilliputian, bush-league, dainty, insignificant, lesser, mini, miniature, minor, minor-league, neat, petite. Don't like that.

Let's find a word, or phrase more suited: Fig. young and inexperienced, (e.g., John's too young to take on a job like this!) for example.

WD

That would imply "Novice" but I feel that we should accentuate his individuality since he craves recognition......Im thinking of "Snowflake".........maybe we could combine the 2. "Novice Snowflake?"

Oh TS........I'd let him turn in his assignment to Pete as an exception.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25242

Thanks

Team Sergeant
09-28-2009, 17:27
That would imply "Novice" but I feel that we should accentuate his individuality since he craves recognition......Im thinking of "Snowflake".........maybe we could combine the 2. "Novice Snowflake?"

Oh TS........I'd let him turn in his assignment to Pete as an exception.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25242

Thanks

From this day forward "HardworkYetNotASoldier" shall now be known as "Novice Snowflake".

It is done.

Team Sergeant

SF_BHT
09-28-2009, 17:40
"Novice Snowflake"

Sounds like a good one...... Fits like a glove....:D

Surgicalcric
09-28-2009, 17:52
That shits just funny....

SF_BHT
09-28-2009, 18:03
May I work on a Avatar for him?:munchin

greenberetTFS
10-02-2009, 11:53
May I work on a Avatar for him?:munchin

Bryan,

Go for it,let's see how creative you can be...............:cool: Maybe we should have a contest on designing one for him!!! ;)

The Reaper
10-02-2009, 16:37
Quiet.

Professional.

Not a dogpile.

TR

wet dog
10-02-2009, 17:58
For the sometimes confused souls.

Novice Snowflake
10-02-2009, 20:59
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior. :rolleyes:

I think some of you have been through college and it is hard enough keeping up with the studying. I am not on here very often in case you haven't noticed.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer. :cool:

LongWire
10-02-2009, 21:53
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior. :rolleyes:

I think some of you have been through college and it is hard enough keeping up with the studying. I am not on here very often in case you haven't noticed.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer. :cool:

You are obviously misguided.

Let me sell you a clue........This is Our House, with Our Rules.....You are a Visitor Here and have obviously had too much Kool-Aid to drink. You have been asked to take a seat instead of shouting at the top of your lungs, and now You think You know whats best again.

You are Untrainable...............

I Hope for the Men that will one day be under you, that You learn to listen and take Guidance, its only their lives that you will put at risk while taking credit for their successes.

But what the hell do I know anyways?...................

ZonieDiver
10-02-2009, 22:50

Young student,

Do you have a clue to whom you are speaking? I seriously doubt it. If you take the time to notice, you will observe that it states "Quiet Professional" under my screen name. That means that at some point, I at least completed SF training and, in my case, got an "S" qualifier added to my MOS. I fall far below the accomplishments, team time, special forces knowledge, and combat experience of most of these men. I feel honored to have that "Quiet Professional" beneath my name. How long has it been since you first stated you were "going to join the Army"? Have you noticed that there is a war, or two, going on at the present time?

If you think college is difficult - disabuse yourself of ANY notion that you will ever be able to join the ranks of SF. I doubt if you'll make it through Airborne School! I dropped out of college in '69 to enlist in the Army (had a 3.2 gpa, too!). I think Penn State will STILL be there in a couple of years. Talk is cheap. Pony up. If you are not willing to do that, then do me a personal favor and SHUT UP.

I don't care if you post a history of the 5th Group's flash or not. I know dozens of men who proudly wore that flash in combat, and I don't think any of them would care a whit for any drivel you might deem worthy of posting on the subject. (Incidentally - the proper post was to write said history, and NOT come back with snide comments to people with whom you are NOT a peer - and probably will never be a peer.

At the risk of pissing off TR for "piling on" - I have to respond to your "frat boy" remark. THIS is a "fraternity" of men - not boys - and I think you will never, ever understand the difference. In the words of one of my former Supply Sergeants - "piss up a rope"!

Dozer523
10-03-2009, 02:32
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer. :cool: Want to talk about :cool:?
If you somehow manage to get a commission, We will hunt you down.
How's THAT for :cool: PAB?

Do you remember your own post of 092709? "Some people are just not cut out for the military. It does not depend on the equipment but on the man. Equipment does play a small part but essentially, It is all in the man." An accurate self assessment as ever I've seen. You, PAB, are not cut out to be a Soldier, and you certainly are not the "right cut of cloth" for Special Forces.

TS. . . why is he still breathing our air? PAB "will not be missed".
Long wire, Zonie. . . Beers on me. Let's go.

The Reaper
10-03-2009, 08:05

"A PLEDGE PIN ON YOUR UNIFORM!!!?? WHAT KIND OF FRATERNITY WOULD TAKE A...MAN LIKE YOU!!!???"

Remember, no unauthorized awards and decorations on your uniform in front of the troops.

Well, that's about all of the fun I can take from our budding young cadet.

I hope he reviews his time here and looks for lessons to be learned, in case he ever does make it into the military.

TR

Dozer523
10-03-2009, 08:26
That was fun.
Who wants to be next?

LongWire
10-03-2009, 09:40
I hope he reviews his time here and looks for lessons to be learned, in case he ever does make it into the military.

Yeah I doubt it............like most bad officers I have seen, he comes across as holier than thou, looking down at the minions with an air of no one here is better than me.

But I'm going to be an Officer!!!!.......A US Army Ranger told me..........Blah, Blah, Blah.............(kid you've had them all tell you to STFU and you couldn't listen)

Good Riddance............

greenberetTFS
10-03-2009, 10:20
Want to talk about :cool:?
If you somehow manage to get a commission, We will hunt you down.
How's THAT for :cool: PAB?

Do you remember your own post of 092709? "Some people are just not cut out for the military. It does not depend on the equipment but on the man. Equipment does play a small part but essentially, It is all in the man." An accurate self assessment as ever I've seen. You, PAB, are not cut out to be a Soldier, and you certainly are not the "right cut of cloth" for Special Forces.

TS. . . why is he still breathing our air? PAB "will not be missed".
Long wire, Zonie. . . Beers on me. Let's go.

Good point......Why is he still breathing our air? :mad:

wet dog
10-03-2009, 10:38

and the Avatar sent him over the edge. Thought I'd use "the ol' SF push on the vulnerability button technique" and see what would happen, many behaviors are so predictable.

Good thing we found out his "salt" level before to much money was spent on training. Some never learn that everything is a test, every day.

WD