PDA

View Full Version : Coffee corps: Retired Marine starts Lawrence-based line of brews to support military

Pete
09-23-2009, 15:35
Coffee corps: Retired Marine starts Lawrence-based line of brews to support military

With all the other news out there I found this little bit of happy news.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/23/coffee-corps-retired-marine-starts-lawrence-based-/

"..............Since its inception in 2007, Devil Dog Brew and its sister label, Sniper’s Brew, has been sold around the world, sponsored military-affiliated events and donated proceeds to charitable organizations benefiting military and law enforcement..........."

Stories of "Coffee and Grunts" could fill a large book.

They even have a web page

http://www.devildogbrew.com/

Richard
09-23-2009, 15:44
All 12 ounce bags of coffee are only $9.99!

Pretty expensive coffe at $9.99 for 3/4 lb - reminds me of Mr Miggle who ran the general store in Pogo offering an ear of corn at $.25 each or 3 for a $1 - bet the Marines think they're getting a bargain, too. :rolleyes:

I'll stay with Starbucks for the time being where I get a full pound of Gold Coast for less than 3/4 lb of that Devil Doggie Brew. :D

And so it goes...;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Pete
09-23-2009, 15:56
Yeah, but it's got a cool package.

One of those "can't think of anything to get for Christmas" things.

Got a coffee lover far from home? It would be a cute thing to hide in the bottom of a care package.

Might get a couple of the wierd blends for the coffee drinking college girl away from home.

Richard, sometimes you're a stick in the mud. Lighten up, live a little, take a walk on the wild side - even take the wife out dancing.

Richard
09-23-2009, 15:59
Package reminds me too much of my {shudder} mother-in-law for me to send to any friends - but maybe I'll send one to Mr Ghadaffi for Xmas. :D

TOMAHAWK9521
09-23-2009, 19:48
I recommended to them that they make T-Shirts for the Sniper's Brew, keeping the caption "No more shaky trigger fingers", instead of the website address. That would be something to wear to campus. :D

Dozer523
09-23-2009, 22:04
Starbucks will be starting their annual "Buy a package of coffee for a Soldier far from home" Christmas deal. Look for it at your local coffee shop.

greenberetTFS
09-24-2009, 00:48
[QUOTE=Pete;285017]Coffee corps: Retired Marine starts Lawrence-based line of brews to support military

With all the other news out there I found this little bit of happy news.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/23/coffee-corps-retired-marine-starts-lawrence-based-/

"..............Since its inception in 2007, Devil Dog Brew and its sister label, Sniper’s Brew, has been sold around the world, sponsored military-affiliated events and donated proceeds to charitable organizations benefiting military and law enforcement..........."

Stories of "Coffee and Grunts" could fill a large book

Richard,

Have you no heart...... :( They support military-affilated events and charitable organizations benefiting military and LEO"S......:cool: .Isn't it worth the extra couple of bucks to see it go to these organizations? :confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Irishsquid
09-24-2009, 02:49
Meh...I stick with West Coast Roasting Company...I know he donates a certain percentage of proceeds to charity, and for those of you on that other SOF message board, if you request it, he'll donate to that site instead of his chosen charities...maybe PS.com could make a similar deal? Or talk to him about having proceeds donated to SOWF? Something like that?

I know his coffees can be pricey, but I'm hooked...some of the best coffee I've ever had...

Besides...I started making coffee for the guys at work, and they now pay for my insanely expensive Yemeni coffee, as long as I'll keep brewing it at work. Seems I got the good end of this deal...

Richard
09-24-2009, 08:08
Have you no heart...... They support military-affilated events and charitable orginizations benefiting military and LEO"S...... .Isn't it worth the extra couple of bucks to see it go to these orginizations?

Lots of companies and people make frequent and sizeable donations to all types of charitable affiliations - including numerous military and LE related organizations.

Anybody think this guy is in it for altruistic reasons?

I've had a lot of Marines tell me a lot of things - not all of them being true - and until I sample a taste of this self-proclaimed great cup of coffee, I'll stick with my Gold Coast or Jacob's Krönung, save my $$ and continue to donate directly to organizations of my choice.

Enjoy your Devil Dog Brew. ;)

Utah Bob
09-24-2009, 09:07
Hmmmm. I'm thinking now.
The Green Beanie Coffee Bean Company. I've got 40 acres here. I wonder if you can grow coffee in Colorado? I could get a BLM auction donkey and be just like Juan Valdez. I'll donate 37% of my profits to the QP site. I swear. :D