PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Knee Pads?

Smokin Joe
07-15-2004, 10:46
Order any pair of 5.11 pants and recieve a free pair of knee pads.

Does anyone have these?

Have any of you seen these before?

5.11 Tactical (https://store.511tactical.com/departments.asp)

The Reaper
07-15-2004, 10:52
Got the ad myself just yesterday.

Don't have them, never tried 'em.

TR

Smokin Joe
07-19-2004, 21:01
Just got a delivery from 5.11 among other things I recieved a FREE set of knee pads. Here are a few photos for you guys so you can get a better idea of what they really are and how they work.

Sideview. They are about .25 of an inch thick

Smokin Joe
07-19-2004, 21:06
Overhead view.

Smokin Joe
07-19-2004, 21:09
How they work.

1. Turn your pants inside out.

2. Locate the internal knee pad pocket the (opening is near the inside seam of your pants).

3. Fold the kneepad in half and stuff into pocket. Pretty simple.

Smokin Joe
07-19-2004, 21:10
Half way done. As you look at this picture the leg on the left has one inserted.

zeroalpha
07-19-2004, 21:55
They look like a good idea.... are they any good in reality?

Smokin Joe
07-19-2004, 21:58
Originally posted by zeroalpha
They look like a good idea.... are they any good in reality?

I don't know I just got them. They are about .25 of an inch neoprene.

TF Kilo
07-20-2004, 02:57
Looks like I need a new set of pants... :D

Fiercely Loyal
07-07-2007, 21:41
I had to cut them to fit inside of my ACU's but they work great. Light enough to wear around all day and more flexible than the issued pads. I have also used this in civilian security work and have saved my knees numerous times when taking upset drunks to the floor.

jatx
07-07-2007, 22:11
I've been using the inserts from Skydex in my ACUs, and they're great (the issued ones tear up very quickly).

crash
07-08-2007, 01:39
I had to cut them to fit inside of my ACU's but they work great. Light enough to wear around all day and more flexible than the issued pads. I have also used this in civilian security work and have saved my knees numerous times when taking upset drunks to the floor.

I used them in my acu's, even modified a set of BDU's to take them, they worked great! Only problem I had was, seemed to tear up the fabric more than without them, saves your kness though.

RTK
07-08-2007, 07:07
Sounds like Toughskins for adults. Rock on!

JCasp
07-10-2007, 00:06
I tried the issued ACU pads for the first time last week while taking a knee and doing some shooting drills with my crew of firearm and military enthusiasts, they seemed large and, as someone else already said, a bit too stiff. Overall I liked the concept though. I might try these if I can get them when I order my 5.11 gear through Ranger Joe's, although I doubt it.

Never had the opportunity to try any sort of padded knee insert while on AD, as 82nd policy was to use issued or store-bought pads with hard shells that were strapped around the leg. I didn't really mind them except there were really only two options for them:

1. Put them on and tighten them to a comfortable level, then they slide to your ankles and just pull them up when you start your IMTs or need to take a knee. This was acceptable until the "kneepad on the ankle look" was deemed an unprofessional fashion trend and outlawed in the 82nd.

2. Tighten them to the point of circulation cutoff so they didn't fall.

Razor
07-10-2007, 09:37
1. Put them on and tighten them to a comfortable level, then they slide to your ankles and just pull them up when you start your IMTs or need to take a knee. This was acceptable until the "kneepad on the ankle look" was deemed an unprofessional fashion trend and outlawed in the 82nd.

2. Tighten them to the point of circulation cutoff so they didn't fall.

3. Safety-pin the straps in place to keep them from slipping down.