PDA

View Full Version : PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Stras
09-17-2009, 04:20
If you have vinyl windows in your house, you may have a problem. :eek:

My house was broken into this last week. The thieves were able to gain access through a locked window in about 15 seconds and obtain entry into the house. I believe that they were running a clock type system, as it appears they were only in the house for about 15 min.

The windows are a two piece set, that both sections can move up or down in the window frame. The screen (1/2 the height of the full window) on the outside of the window can slide to cover the top half or bottom half of the window.

Locks were disabled by a pry bar which destroyed the bottom of the lock mechanism and then allowed them to force the window open, breaking the plastic window stops on the inside of the window.

Luckily they didn't get much other than a few small electronics.

My door locks have double deadbolts on them, meaning you need a key to enter or leave my house.

Fayette'nam is having a rash of burglaries in the last two months.

I highly recommend that you talk with your neighbors regularly and have someone check your house if you're out of town.

v/r
Stras

BryanK
09-17-2009, 04:57
Sorry to hear it Stras. They'll mess up and get caught here shortly.

The Reaper
09-17-2009, 07:31
Good thing that the prisons are going to start releasing people early.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that no firearms were lost.

OTOH, don't you love the fact that they did hundreds in damage to get a few dollars from a pawn shop?

TR