PDA

View Full Version : I Concur With the President

SF-TX
09-14-2009, 19:58
He has finally said something to which we can agree. :)

Obama calls Kanye 'jackass'
ABC's Terry Moran set the Twitter-sphere all aflutter when he wrote:

We've reached out to Moran and will update this post when we learn more.

Now, an ABC spokesperson explains to POLITICO what happened:

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview. This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0909/did_obama_call_kanye_a_jackass.html

Gypsy
09-14-2009, 20:29
Wow...that's a first, I agree as well.

Evidently the jackass will be on the new Jay Leno show tonight, saw a commercial preview.

Sigaba
09-14-2009, 20:55
Evidently the jackass will be on the new Jay Leno show tonight, saw a commercial preview.
Well, it only makes sense that Leno would be on his own show. <<LINK (http://instantrimshot.com/rimshot.swf)>>:p

Trip_Wire (RIP)
09-15-2009, 15:00
For once, I do too! ;)

Richard
09-16-2009, 19:40
And here's another one...;)

Richard's $.02

Obama disagrees with Jimmy Carter on race issue
Reuters, 15 Sep 2009

President Barack Obama's spokesman publicly disagreed with former President Jimmy Carter on Wednesday over Carter's contention that some conservative opposition to Obama is based on race.

"The president does not think it is based on the color of his skin," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters.

Carter injected race into Obama's struggle for a healthcare overhaul after South Carolina Republican Representative Joe Wilson shouted "You lie" at Obama during a healthcare speech in Congress last week and thousands of conservatives rallied opposition to Obama at demonstrations in Washington.

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man," Carter told NBC News.

He said this "racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

Carter's remark drew the condemnation of Michael Steele, the first African-American to become chairman of the Republican National Committee.

"President Carter is flat out wrong. This isn't about race. It is about policy," he said in a statement. "This is a pathetic distraction by Democrats to shift attention away from the president's wildly unpopular government-run healthcare plan that the American people simply oppose."

Obama, America's first black president, was steering clear of the issue, weeks after he injected himself into a debate about race in Massachusetts after black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates was arrested at his own home on suspicion of breaking into it.

After Obama created an uproar by saying that Cambridge, Massachusetts, police had acted stupidly in the case, he later expressed regret for the tone of his remarks and had the professor and police officer to the White House for a beer in what was dubbed a "beer summit."

Gibbs said the uproar among Obama's opponents was more likely a reaction to some of the decisions Obama had made to help the U.S. economy, such as bank and auto bailouts.

"We understand that people have disagreements with some of the decisions that we've made," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090916/pl_nm/us_usa_carter_racism

Sigaba
09-16-2009, 19:54
FWIW, the audio of the president's comments about Mr. West are available here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdDKEFFU7Q). The president then goes into CYA mode and, albeit humorously, attempts to strong arm the media into keeping the comments off the record. Eventually, the man will learn the value of a private journal.

Box
09-16-2009, 20:13
...the fact that James Earl Carter feels that way says as much about Carter as it does about those he accuses.

go farm some peanuts you shmuck

Sdiver
09-16-2009, 20:14
This just in.....

At Patrick Swayze's funeral today, Kanye West jump up in front of the gathered mourners, stepped in front of the mic and said, "Michal Jackson's funeral was much better than this. It was the BEST funeral this decade."

Kanye's publicist had no comment.

:munchin